Less Is More Graphics Mod

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Ironclad

RE: Less Is More Graphics Mod

Post by Ironclad »

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

Those look good. I may make them official graphics in a future patch if you don't mind my using them.
As the current arrow lines and multiple barbs were introduced in response to players difficulty in seeing the aim direction of the originals I'm not sure about returning to a single head. The graphics including arrow lines look good but with a few of the examples I had to look closely to spot the head and wondered what it would be like with smoke in a hex.
berto

Post by berto »

ORIGINAL: Ironclad
ORIGINAL: ericbabe

Those look good. I may make them official graphics in a future patch if you don't mind my using them.
As the current arrow lines and multiple barbs were introduced in response to players difficulty in seeing the aim direction of the originals I'm not sure about returning to a single head. The graphics including arrow lines look good but with a few of the examples I had to look closely to spot the head and wondered what it would be like with smoke in a hex.
Some players' difficulty. It never bothered me. What did bother me was the appearance. So I modded the arrows more to my liking.

Players can use all or portions of the Less Is More Graphics Mod, mix and match with other mods, apply their own personal tweaks. That's the beauty of modding. You have the freedom: As You Like It.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

I understand that and I have no problem with individual mods and think its great that they add more variety and choice for players. Technically I'm not up to doing a mod myself and am impressed with those who are able to do so. My comment was only in response to that one specific issue and Eric's suggestion that he may be applying the mod in future to the vanilla version.
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

Thanks for taking the time to make these mods. Now if we can only get rid of those crazy floating numbers (hint)
DaBoost

Post by DaBoost »

Thank you for this, was thinking of doing one since the arrows are REALLY hampering my enjoyment of the game. It's a great game, so more's the pity.
PnzGren

Post by PnzGren »

These Mods are terrific....I had given up on the game because it looked so ugly! Now it is much better. Could you Mod the game so we could turn off and on all the writing which is on the map? I really think all the writing takes away from the emersion..
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

Which writing do you mean? The yellow writing that are used to identify a few points here and there (e.g., where Zollicoffer was killed at Mill Springs), or the various labels that are part of the map itself?

If it is the latter then that is impossible: the maps were made with labels for every road, hill, house, creek, etc. But if it is the former then these superimposed labels can be removed by opening the maptags.txt file of a given scenario and deleting what's there. (What's there are the labels and their x,y coordinates.) You can do that, but there is a chance that future patches will restore the original version -- this will happen anytime the maptags.txt file is updated. And I do plan an update, but not for at least two months.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”