manpower in the WAW_revised_U4_Beta scenario

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

gwgardner

manpower in the WAW_revised_U4_Beta scenario

Post by gwgardner »

I have played around with the WAW_revised_U4_Beta scenario to see if the AI can provide a challenge.

One element in the scenario is manpower. It is supposed to be used when creating new units, however in my experience testing the scenario it never goes down. Neither when creating new units and then transferring SFTs to them, nor when creating the SFTs in production.

Can anyone tell me how it's supposed to work? Does this scenario still work at all, in ATGold?

Thanks.

Attachments
cap46.jpg
cap46.jpg (75.89 KiB) Viewed 24 times

ernieschwitz

RE: manpower in the WAW_revised_U4_Beta scenario

Post by ernieschwitz »

Well...

I am assuming that it actually does still work. Manpower was actually introduced in this scenario, and what I think is that it goes down by one for each instance of a subformation you build. It was done by code, so it would not be shown in the number shown... Try and note down the number and check if it changes after each turn...

If not, I´ll tell you what to do :)
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Thanks for the response. It reduced the first turn in producing an item, but not for subsequent turns. And even for the first turn of production the reduction seems inconsistent.

It would be great to get a fix if you have one, as a means of learning what's going on. In the meantime, I have realized that a WAW version for ATGold is available and am now using it. Perhaps it is the version I should be dealing with, although it apparently is human only (Chuck deYoung and I are giving it a go).

ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Yeah, I think Tweber came to the realization that the more complex you make a game, the more interesting it can become.... alas, the more complex, the more complex the AI programming becomes. Things like the AI not knowing when to play action cards and not understanding the more abstract research options... so you have to program it.. simply makes it easier to not include an AI option...

I hope you have fun, WaW for ATG was one of my favorite games of all time. There exists a mod made by bwheatley in the scenario bank, i believe, which is sort of a developement of it.. It inspired me to make GD 1938, and it really was the greatest scenario that Tweber made while he was here...
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”