FITE2 Fogger vs Loveman1

Post accounts of your memorable victories and defeats here for other wargamers to share.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

fogger

FITE2 Fogger vs Loveman1

Post by fogger »

Willie and I have agreed to do a test game of FITE2. I sent my first turn to Willie a short time ago. Below are the reported loss in aircraft for the first turn.

Attachments
Untitled.gif
Untitled.gif (117.28 KiB) Viewed 376 times
Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.
fogger

RE: FITE2 Fogger vs Loveman1

Post by fogger »

The following is the northern part of the map

Attachments
northturn1.gif
northturn1.gif (234.51 KiB) Viewed 376 times
Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.
fogger

Post by fogger »

The following is the southern part of the map

Attachments
southturn1.gif
southturn1.gif (221.13 KiB) Viewed 376 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

In FitE2 the German player does have a totally free hand and has to advance as per the original objectives of Barbarossa. To ensure this there are a number of cities that must be taken by set turns. By turn 6 I have to take Riga, Vilnius and Lvov. If I take them then I get a 150% Air & Land shock. There are objectives for Turn 12, 18 & 24. There is also a bonus of "captured equipment" if certain cities are captured some by certain turns. I will update these as I go. The idea here is that this will force the Russian player to defend forward as well getting the German player to advance on 3 fronts. I have suggested that we make it 2 out of 3 with the computer setting the 2 objectives and this is currently under consideration of the team.
Thought for the day:
Cfant

Post by Cfant »

Glad to see that you found an opponent [:)] FitE2 is gigantic, hope we see a long lasting match.

@air losses: the middle of the three numbers are the "real" enemy losses.
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

Thanks for the AAR. Question: what toaw version are you using? Is FITE 2 compatible with the latest official patch?
fogger

Post by fogger »

It is 3.6.0.88 which is not available to the community. This has or will be superseded by TOAW 4. Fite2 will not work on the last patch.

There are a number of test games going on at present to get the "bugs" out so that when TOAW 4 is released (hopefully by Christmas) fite2 will be ready. The AAR's are to keep everybody in the loop and wet your appetite.

WE owe at lot, a hell of lot to Soren, Rick, Kristian and Steve who are the designers of fite2.

To give you an idea of how much work they have put into fite2, since May 2014 there are 2 A4 pages of single line dot points changes that have been made to the game. And that is just a drop in the bucket for what they have done before May 2014. If Soren lived in Australia I would put him up for a OAM.
Thought for the day:
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

Fogger, thanks, thought that may be the case.
How many counters the Axis side have? [:)]
fogger

Post by fogger »

Just got a email from willie and he is up and running. Below is a screen shot. All the screen shot are coming in about 1mb so I am cutting them down. Sorry it did not work out so will try again later. (I am not up to speed on using paint)

Attachments
AGN1.gif
AGN1.gif (483.92 KiB) Viewed 401 times
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

Just an update. I received an email from Willie and I destroyed 3191 planes on the first tun. Big difference from my first post. I have also received an email from Soren advising that there will be an updated version to FitE2 out in the next week or so. As this game is only on its first turn Willie and I will start again shortly.

Will keep you posted.
Thought for the day:
fogger

Post by fogger »

ORIGINAL: Meyer1

Fogger, thanks, thought that may be the case.
How many counters the Axis side have? [:)]

1788 units

Attachments
test.gif
test.gif (152.93 KiB) Viewed 380 times
Thought for the day:

Return to “After Action Reports”