Medics

3D version of Close Combat
Rodmorg

Medics

Post by Rodmorg »

Medics could make the game more realistic. If we see them, they could be in a medic truck and could be mounted and dismounted from other trucks. If the medic is close to a wounded soldier, the soldier could/would be:

1. Taken into a truck designed for medics and brought out of battle
2. Healed in-battle, but has the 'injured' status throughout the rest of the battle

Thanks
Nomada_Firefox

RE: Medics

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

I do not see nothing realistic at a Medic healing people when it is a very realistic game, it is not a men of war or other RTS.
Rodmorg

Post by Rodmorg »

Close combat or any war game set during WW2 cannot be realistic without a medic. A medic shows realism to the battlefield and to the game.
There is medics in most RTS games and it's only a suggestion and an opinion. Anyways, that's your opinion and it has no effect on my opinion, and I still strongly agree that Medics should start to appear in the CC series.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

A medic can be. Heal a soldier at a battlefield and after it fight again, no. Heal it and after two battles to fight again, no. Come on, you can not be cured from a bullet impact at few time.
There is medics in most RTS games and it's only a suggestion and an opinion.
Close Combat games are not RTS. They are wargames.

Again, if you want play a RTS, you must play men of war. You can cure a soldier with only the head at five minutes.[:D]

I have been following CC games from the begining, I have made several mods for many of them and I can tell you how most of the players will not agree with you.
Rodmorg

Post by Rodmorg »

Well, Normada, I can tell you gain that whatever you say, you can't change my opinion, even if you say that you make mods. I have tried the 1946 one, but that doesn't really add realism to it, but more of a sandbox feeling to it.

I have bought and played every single Men of War game there is and I like the series. I am not saying that Close Combat should turn into a game like Men of War because CC has been going on for years and should keep like the way it is, but it is changing, so new additions need to be considered. I only posted this new thread as an opinion and a suggestion.

Plus, Close Combat requires strategy to win the battle/operation/campaign, so it is an RTS. The game series called Wargame is an RTS. It's even proved on the official site.

And, I do think you should get Men of War: Assault Squad 2 [:D]
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

The 1946 mod uses realistic units, there is nothing subrealistic.

But I do not try change your mind, it is the point. Just I tell you my opinion and the opinion from many others.

I have played Men of War games. I play a lot of different games. But CC games are different. They are not a RTS.

At the end. The creators from the BF does not go to follow your non-sense/unrealistic opinion. They have told it before, you can search it in the forum.;)
Rodmorg

Post by Rodmorg »

Can I have proof of this 'told it before' because I can't find it anywhere.

Oh, and I'm expressing my opinion and still you still can't change it - even if you try to 'throw everything you have at me'.

And it is not nonsense, it's a suggestion. You post about 90% of things on here and they're suggestions and opinions and they don't get answered.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

You have not searched too much..........I do not go to search it by you.....sorry but I have not time.

Suggestions at this moment are...........too late, the game goes to be released this year, even one year ago, they had very clear what they would make.

However, I have not posted suggestions. I have made questions, nothing more. This is the reason because Steve has answered everything what I have asked.

Kanov

Post by Kanov »

I too don't want medics, this is not C&C or age of empires man, c'mon! I don't want to see incapacitated soldiers getting ok because another sprite gave him a command to 'heal' and then he continues fighting on the same battle.
Hard-core Spectre
Tornike

Post by Tornike »

It wouldn't be realistic, plus the game is so advanced in development there surely won't be any additions from player suggestions. We're already waiting for release date to be announced.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

There will not be medics on the battlefield of Close Combat for TBF.

I think they could be done realistically, but to do so they would simply be carting off wounded men so they did not get any worse during the current battle, and perhaps giving them a bonus to recovery after the battle. They would not be putting wounded soldiers back on their feet during a battle.

Steve
Rodmorg

Post by Rodmorg »

ORIGINAL: Tornike

It wouldn't be realistic, plus the game is so advanced in development there surely won't be any additions from player suggestions. We're already waiting for release date to be announced.
ORIGINAL: Kanov

I too don't want medics, this is not C&C or age of empires man, c'mon! I don't want to see incapacitated soldiers getting ok because another sprite gave him a command to 'heal' and then he continues fighting on the same battle.

I think my first point is realistic, and my second is for more of a 'sandbox' sort of game.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

2. Healed in-battle, but has the 'injured' status throughout the rest of the battle
Come on......when has it been realistic? do you know how many time do you need if you are shot at one leg or arm? if we ignored if your one bone is broken, you will need a lot of time, specially for go again to a battle.
Rodmorg

Post by Rodmorg »

ORIGINAL: Nomada_Firefox
Come on......when has it been realistic? do you know how many time do you need if you are shot at one leg or arm? if we ignored if your one bone is broken, you will need a lot of time, specially for go again to a battle.

I said the first not the second. I know how long it takes to recover from being shot in the leg and arm - it is long compared to more serious wounds like the stomach, chest and face.

But, if a bone was broken, it could take a few weeks considering the certain situation with which part of the body has been damaged.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

¿A bone few weeks? where do you live? at mars? for more of the mortals, a bone will not fixed at less of months and more at 1941.

Do you know how many time need a dislocated bone? months for most of the mortals
sepp3gd

Post by sepp3gd »

Medics could make the game more realistic by merely being acknowledged according with respect to the composition of the division. As is the case within a division a specific regiment is composed of staff to contain medical staff.

For example here is the historically accurate composition of the German 3rd Mountain Division (3rd Gebirgsjager Division):
138th Mountain Infantry Regiment, 139th Mountain Infantry Regiment, 112th Mountain Artillery Regiment, 68th Bicycle Battalion, 12th (later the 112th) Reconnaissance Battalion, 48th Anti-Tank (later 95th Tank Destroyer) Battalion, 83rd Mountain Engineer Battalion, 68th Mountain Signal Battalion, 68th Mountain Field Replacement Battalion, 68th Mountain Divisional Supply Troops
*Stackpole Military History Series, The German Order of Battle Volume Two: 291st-999th Infantry Divisions, Named Infantry Divisions, and Special Divisions in WWII, Samuel W. Mitcham, Jr.

As far as actual medics on the battlefield, I do not think that much could be done in the way of 60 minutes. Perhaps a platoon leader or company leader suffering a serious injury whose only chance of survival necessitates immediate medical attention from a surgeon may be evacuated at a great risk. But it is unlikely for anyone to be evacuated during heavy fighting involving frontline infantry soldiers on the Main Battle Line. Such an order is not as simple as it sounds. In order to evacuate a stretcher case during heavy fighting would require many resources and is in reality a tactical decision. Covering fire for needs to be provided for the safe movement of not only the wounded soldier but the stretcher bearers and medic during all phases of the operation to provide for successful access and egress. Bearing in mind that in reality a medics job is not to taxi wounded men from the battlefield being that his level of skill is highly reserved for the act of providing medical attention, this labor is passed off to infantry soldiers. Preferably the recruitment of these soldiers is not to the detriment of the overall combat effectiveness of the force, and therefore stretcher bearers would merely be infantry soldiers who have nothing better to do than carry around dead weight, such as mortar men without any more mortar ammunition. All of this would tie up much needed manpower in order to redirect the efforts of your fighting force from taking an objective by force to now evacuating a stretcher case.

All things considered, it does not make sense tactically to downgrade the combat effectiveness of a front line fighting unit who's mission is to achieve a strategic point and conquer a map within no more than 60 minutes.

It has always been inferred that during the cease fire these matters are attended. The impact of medical attention to the gameplay has always been present in the force pool. It is my opinion that the addition of medics is no more needed than the visual addition of an artillery battery, and that the impact of both is more important to the gameplay then is the visual presence. (As perhaps the argument can be expanded to all things Close Combat).
sepp3gd

Post by sepp3gd »

It should be noted that your wish for paratroopers dropping into the battlefield is as absurd.
From a realistic standpoint, it is no more fantastic than medics healing soldiers in the aforementioned
manner. For your information, paratroopers dropping into battle is analogous to a Division being mobilized within and one of it's infantry regiments being maneuvered to
the Main Battle Line. This is not ordered like artillery. [;)] This does not happen within the span of 60 minutes (the maximum allowed time for battle in Close Combat).

Furthermore, the size of the maps do not permit such a strategy to play out in real time during battles. And the desired affect you
describe is comical. Let me paint a real picture for you, assuming you were able to order such an operation as artillery, based upon
the size of the map, at most you would achieve nothing more than a few soldiers making it to the ground at a few random locations on the map, all
and without the ability to effectively communicate with the friendly forces, unable to ascertain the situation, and therefore having
little, if any, effect on the situation other than rapidly becoming POW, MIA, and KIA and raising the enemies morale while dropping yours.

And this is not an opinion, it is a fact. Just like bones don't heal in weeks. [:-]
darbyjack

Post by darbyjack »

Maybe the presence of a medic could help moral when taking screaming wounded away? Not sure what I think of this feature anyway... Whether it's included or not.

But I'd like to point out that Close Combat is an RTS game, since everything is happening in real-time and is strategic. Saying it's not is wrong.
Rodmorg

Post by Rodmorg »

Well, I didn't say recover fully, but maybe a few months until full recovery. I haven't broken a bone, so I haven't really experienced what it is like.

Also, you can still fight if you have a minor bone broken.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

When you break a bone, you will know how many pain suffer one with one broken bone. Even with a finger.

And a shot from a gun.............worse. I have suffered similar things and I am sure how the films are not realistic with most of these things.

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”