Europe Puts Its Finger on the Trigger (No Politics!)

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wings7

Europe Puts Its Finger on the Trigger (No Politics!)

Post by wings7 »

An interesting article...defense budget spending is up...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/eur ... ar-AAdgUQR

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Zap

RE: Europe Puts Its Finger on the Trigger (No Politics!)

Post by Zap »

No Politics! this story is a trap you put here then, wings7. Expect no politics! [:-]
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Zap

No Politics! this story is a trap you put here then, wings7. Expect no politics! [:-]

You can talk about current events without being political! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Glad to see its finally happening. Curious to see if an EU army will take shape...and with what equipment.
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
Orm

Post by Orm »

I find it interesting that Russia was mentioned a lot in the article but their military spending was not mentioned. And yet the article was about how much Europe spend on their military. Somehow I am pretty sure that Russia has the largest military budget in Europe. So that makes me wonder if the reporter is aware that Russia is part of Europe.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: wings7

Yea, my response was no politics.[;)] A response of any substance will touch on politics with this story.
jamus34

Post by jamus34 »

DP, apologies
jamus34

Post by jamus34 »

Attachments
admiral_ac..p_banner.jpg
admiral_ac..p_banner.jpg (15.12 KiB) Viewed 274 times
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

Delete post.
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

Patrick

Wings7, why would you post in a wargame site something such as this which REQUIRES an investigation of the political aspects to have an informed discussion.
Your warning about avoiding politics is fine, but perhaps posting at another site would have been wiser. The mods having to expend ANY time on
this thread just takes away from more important tasks (IMO) such as getting games out the door.
Flipper
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Current situation, as detailed in the article, could inspire new what-if wargames and scenarios about Second Cold War and it going hot.

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

The mods having to expend ANY time on
this thread just takes away from more important tasks (IMO) such as getting games out the door.
Are forum moderators responsible for that as well?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

Being that it's a political decision to increase spending, don't see how politics can be separated.

Where is the money coming from?

More taxes? Political decision.

Decrease spending in other areas? Ditto
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

Patrick

Wings7, why would you post in a wargame site something such as this which REQUIRES an investigation of the political aspects to have an informed discussion.
Your warning about avoiding politics is fine, but perhaps posting at another site would have been wiser. The mods having to expend ANY time on

Flipper, your points are well taken, the topic is food for thought including war game creation.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Patrick

Interesting article, though a little hard to discuss without bringing politics into the forum.
barkhorn45

Post by barkhorn45 »

Maybe we can pull our troop's out of Germany and use the saving's to bring down our debt!
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

This in addition to Japan increasing defense spending.

Japan record defense spending as tensions grow with China

This is getting weird, folks.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

barkhorn45: That, and other ways too...without getting political.

As for wargame creation...it really could be WWIII: Besides Europe: Iran/Israel, China/Taiwan+, ISIS, Kurds, America withdrawing once again from a leader of the free world role...instead you have Merkel and Netanyahu. And then the game changer: US elections.
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Nice carrier Japan built...er..."destroyer". China recently mentioned it doesn't like it that India might become dominant in the Indian Ocean. Japan recently protested to Australia when they decided to consider buying German subs rather than Japanese subs. China is making diplomatic efforts (financial and military) with island nations throughout the Pacific. Taiwan feels it no longer can rely on the US protecting it (doing things like sending a carrier battle group into the straits, and selling them weapons)...and it goes on...
operating

Post by operating »

Deterrent is deterrent, we might of had more war games on the market today if it were not for deterrent, then again if deterrent or lack of, was there in history, we would have had less or more war games today. With 6 billion people on this planet, somebody is going to pull the trigger somebody somewhere sooner or later..
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest

Return to “General Discussion”