Bombur v0.85

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

falco148

RE: Bombur v0.85

Post by falco148 »

Hi guys......sorry for the long delay. Had family issues and things to deal with when I arrived here.

Should be back up and returning files by Monday or Tuesday when internet issues get sorted out.
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

Rolling again.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

This seems to have stopped for the last week on the Sun Empire's turn (Falco I believe). Is the game still going?
JRR
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Still in play just waiting on Falco, come on Falco[:D]
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

falco148

Post by falco148 »

Actually I dont think theres much point carrying on here. We're (Sun Empire) more or less doomed and the Soviets look to be about the same.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Yep that was agreed a while back Jeff and his French are still in the fight, just open the turn and hit surrender and that is all you need to do, and for you the war will be over. Sometimes its not about winning but about the personal duels that players have, the Germans and French are in such a duel.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

falco148

Post by falco148 »

Sorry, I dont remember agreeing to a surrender before. I talked about doing so before but there was nothing concrete agreed on.

Anyway, Sun Empire is out for the count as from now. The turn has been opened and surrender button pushed.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Forgive me but from your previous post where you stated that the Sun Empire is doomed, I took that to mean that you did not see the point in continuing. That and your statement "I do not see the point in carrying on"

Regards agreeing to surrender I never said that you had agreed, only that if you do not wish to continue and other players do, surrender is the best option same as tipping over your king in a game of chess.

falco148

Post by falco148 »

Anyway we're (Sun Empire) out for the count now. Good luck to those continuing.
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

The surrendering of our main ally makes the situation of Eastern Empire (even more) hopeless.
I´m surrendering too. Good luck, and look forward for Bombur v1.00, to be realeased soon, with
some changes, now we will have readiness penalties for each SFT according to mechanical reliability!
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

The appearance of The Empire forces on Burgundys Northern front is not welcome. I need a conference with my allies.

Ron Swanson
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Let me know your decision after the conference, I will play The Empire if you decide to continue.

Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

Play it, I have no intention of quitting. I want some help is all.

Ron Swanson
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Ok to even the playing field I will pull the Empire out of the fight.

baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

So, I was just wondering...Does my Ally New Union want the HREmpire to withdraw from the game also? I will take my current turn, and as I am not yet at war with Burgundy, I will only consolidate my present position. I will send a message through the game in case this doesn't get seen. It would leave you in a one on one vs the French, but you two have been waging an interesting war that goes back and forth. If you still want to go 2 on 1, I'm ok with that. I have enjoyed this game and want to thank all the players.
JRR
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

ORIGINAL: ironduke1955

Ok to even the playing field I will pull the Empire out of the fight.

Uh, wait a minute... I'm alone in this ? Not good !

Might as well bring it, the sooner I get crushed the better I suppose.

Ron Swanson
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

ORIGINAL: baloo7777

So, I was just wondering...Does my Ally New Union want the HREmpire to withdraw from the game also? I will take my current turn, and as I am not yet at war with Burgundy, I will only consolidate my present position. I will send a message through the game in case this doesn't get seen. It would leave you in a one on one vs the French, but you two have been waging an interesting war that goes back and forth. If you still want to go 2 on 1, I'm ok with that. I have enjoyed this game and want to thank all the players.

Hey bud, I'm in desperate need for an ally in this thing, what say you hook up with Burgundy ?

Ron Swanson
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

ORIGINAL: baloo7777

Hey bud, I'm in desperate need for an ally in this thing, what say you hook up with Burgundy ?

I am allied with New Union already. Either way it would be a 2 on 1. I can't see the Italians changing alliances. Just to set things straight, the Holy Roman Empire took the brunt of the Sun Empires attack, along with tank and infantry units from the Eastern Empire. I held on by a thread, until the British (the Empire) brought tremendous support (Tanks, Infantry, Aircraft,etc.) and helped turn the fortunes of war in favor of our alliance. This led to the collapse of your aggressor allies, and the position you now find yourself in. After the British have withdrawn from the game to even the playing field, I asked my ally the above question. I am hoping to hear from him, either here or in the game. Until then, I am reinforcing my present positions, but not attacking.
JRR
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

Well, I suppose a draw between New Union and Burgundy is a fair outcome. If HRE comes into it it's going to be difficult to hold. And The Empire was about to tip the scales against me as it was. Ready to throw in the towel now.

BTW who was playing The Empire ?

Ron Swanson
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

I am willing to accept a Draw. we each took 2 cities from each other.
Favoritism is alive and well here.

Return to “After Action Reports”