Resort Base Weirdness

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Albatross

Resort Base Weirdness

Post by Albatross »

Hi guys,

Having some trouble with resort bases. I have two lovely black holes at the edge of my territory, each with +50% scenery bonuses. I'm trying to build resort bases there, but whenever the construction ships arrive at the location to build the base, they cancel the build mission and go off and do something else. In addition, the black holes don't show up as eligible locations for resort bases in the sidebar.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks!
Tehlongone

RE: Resort Base Weirdness

Post by Tehlongone »

They cancel both?

Did you zoom out and right click the location giving the order for the AI to place a resort base itself? That usually works for me.

It can be tricky placing it yourself if that's what you tried, they might have detected that it was dangerous and flown off. Or maybe they started the base and it was dragged into the hole immediately and then they flew off... [:)]
Fishers of Men

Post by Fishers of Men »

Is this construction ship on manual or automation?
Old............but very fast
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

It happens to both ones on auto going after I clicked build resort base from the black hole itself, and when I do it manually.
CyclopsSlayer

Post by CyclopsSlayer »

I have found that if you issue a Refit approval it sometimes seems to pull constructors off to refit them, but will not reassign them to complete a project

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”