Platoon can't fill unit slots even though it has enough units to do so

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
Kanov

Platoon can't fill unit slots even though it has enough units to do so

Post by Kanov »

I'm now trying the German campaign "Hemorrhage" and it seems pretty tough, first two turns have been nothing but hiding and falling back.

Anyways, I'm on this battle where I'm presented with a company of armored cars where 3 platoons have in it 3 cars each.

I only got two slots available in the second platoon area but when I choose any of the three platoons of armored cars, only one unit slot is filled!

When I choose any of the three AC platoons on the first platoon selection all three cars are chosen.

Is this a bug or a feature? and why does it happen?

Here's the pic attached

Attachments
20150723_00004.jpg
20150723_00004.jpg (239.82 KiB) Viewed 178 times
Hard-core Spectre
Cathartes

RE: Platoon can't fill unit slots even though it has enough units to do so

Post by Cathartes »

Which difficulty are you on? This is a designed feature and the greater the difficulty, the greater the chance that the unit is depleted (that is at least the case based on my increasingly hazy recall).
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

Hi, Dificulty is set to veteran and allies to recruit.

If this is a feature, why if I pick a 3 unit AC for the first platoon all three cars are chosen?
Hard-core Spectre
Cathartes

Post by Cathartes »

The lower the difficulty (toward Recruit), the more slots you typically are provided (Steve, fix me if I'm wrong here). At some point you have to balance your decision for more armor (which could be available in 1st platoon) or more infantry as is the constraint with this particular BG.
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

So on Higher difficulty I get worse morale and un-complete infantry units and then I still can't fill all the platoon slots even though I have enough units? that's pretty tough.

Here's another example:

I want to fill the two slots of the second platoon with one of the three veteran pzgren platoons I have left, Here's the composition of each:

2. Kompanie
-1. pzgren zug: 1 zugtrupp, 2 type A units (leader has an MP40, SAW is an leMG42)
-2. pzgren zug: 1 zugtrupp, 1 type B unit (asst. leader with G43, SAW is an sturm MG42)
-3. pzgren zug: 1 zugtrupp, 1 type B unit

So it seems to me the game is trying to fill those two slots with both an A and B type units, or a full squad, but since niether of the platoons has a full squad it refuses to fill the other slot. The HQ unit is not chosen either because the slot typically used for the HQ unit is not present.

I don't know why it happens to vehicle platoons like posted above though.

Can you guys confirm this is intended behaviour and why? or if it is a bug with the requisition of units when few slots are available but the platoon chosen has enough to fill them?

It would seem to me that if I'm presented with two slots that I can fill and have platoons with two or more units left in them, those units should be able to fill the available slots. And I also feel like the higher difficulty already punishes me good with the worse morale and uncomplete teams, I feel unnecesary to secretly 'lock' those slots.

Attachments
20150731_00001.jpg
20150731_00001.jpg (229.39 KiB) Viewed 178 times
Hard-core Spectre
Cathartes

Post by Cathartes »

Hi Kanov,
By design, carried over from Panthers in the Fog, reference p. 25 (section 9.1) of manual.
"In the case of 2nd Platoon, which may have a reduced number of slots available, the strongest units in the platoon will
automatically be selected." Also, see: 2nd Platoon unable to use a unit with one team

Return to “Tech Support”