Ground Support not working

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

DTomato

Ground Support not working

Post by DTomato »

For at least two turns, my Allied ground support missions haven't flowed First, I attached the aircraft to an Allied army like U.S. 1st Army, figuring the planes would support each corps in the army. When none of them flew to support my attacks or my defense against German attacks, I attached the planes to a single corps within each army. They still didn't fly.

LiquidSky

RE: Ground Support not working

Post by LiquidSky »

Do you leave the planes on AUTO or do you hand pick squadrons to be dedicated Ground Support?

At the top of your interface screen it will either say GS-ON or GS-Off. If it says GS-Off then your ground support will not fly. It's easy to toggle it off....when I was playing Pelton, my cat walked on my keyboard and hit the -x- key which toggles Ground Support.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
DTomato

RE: Ground Support not working

Post by DTomato »

D'oh! I'm so used to leaving air support turned off in WITE that I forgot about that. I hit the "X" key and it works now.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”