OT - young whippersnapper free zone

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

SqzMyLemon

RE: OT - young whippersnapper free zone

Post by SqzMyLemon »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Jenny Agutter? You have a thing for nuns?

Bill

Best I also stop there...[:D]

I joke. I first saw her in 'Logan's Run' and 'The Eagle has Landed'

She's a cutie.
Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)
BlackhorseToo

Post by BlackhorseToo »

Brigitte Bardot

Karen Valentine was way more than "kinda cute"

. . . other than that, you've captured all my early crushes.

Fast forward a few years, and then there was Phoebe Cates in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Sgt Oddball Negative waves, Moriarity, always with the negative waves. Can't you for once have a positive and righteous thought?
Moriarity Crap!
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

ORIGINAL: navysim

Drake ! Slayer of aliens, enemies of Earth.

I wonder what that zipper was used for??? [:-]
TOMLABEL

Post by TOMLABEL »

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

I wonder what that zipper was used for??? [:-]

Ho daddy!!!!![:D][;)]That's what!!!!

Just wanted to add these two:

Donna Reed (They were expendable)

Attachments
donna_reed..pendable.jpg
donna_reed..pendable.jpg (11.66 KiB) Viewed 113 times
Art by the Rogue-USMC

WITP Admiral's Edition: Ship & Sub Art/Base Unit Art/Map Icon Art

"If destruction be our lot - it will come from within"...Abraham Lincoln
TOMLABEL

Post by TOMLABEL »

and Ingrid Bergman (Casablanca)

Ho Daddy!!!! (again)!!!![8D][&o]
Attachments
ingred.jpg
ingred.jpg (4.56 KiB) Viewed 112 times
Art by the Rogue-USMC

WITP Admiral's Edition: Ship & Sub Art/Base Unit Art/Map Icon Art

"If destruction be our lot - it will come from within"...Abraham Lincoln
nikoslejeune

Post by nikoslejeune »

My vote and interest goes to Diana Rigg but she was already mentioned.

I was wondering however that in a thread where a lot of 'space women' are mentioned
Carrie Fisher seems to be missing, surely we need some royalty around!!!!!!!![&o]

Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan is a fictional character in the Star Wars universe, portrayed by the actress Carrie Fisher.(WIKI)

Nick
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Carrie Fisher? I'd rather kiss a wookie.

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd dump this here. Remember Gombe National Park in Tanzania of "Gorillas in the Mist" fame?
Here it is in Google Maps:

edit: Got confused, Gombe was where Jane Goodall studied chimps.

Attachments
fredsbarandgrill.jpg
fredsbarandgrill.jpg (156.58 KiB) Viewed 112 times

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I knew they were impoverished there, but I had no idea they couldn't even afford apostrophes. Maybe we should book a convention at Freds Bar and Grill.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

We could all put some good reviews in for Freds. Good ones to excellent ones, no thumbs down reviews. Talk about the ambience and stuff.

Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

We could all put some good reviews in for Freds. Good ones to excellent ones, no thumbs down reviews. Talk about the ambience and stuff.
Do you think 'Freds' should consider a name change? To something like 'Live Nude Gorillas'? [:D]
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Gorillas are normally nude. They'd need to be dressed up in tuxedos and such. You could pay to have them strip.

Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

I knew they were impoverished there, but I had no idea they couldn't even afford apostrophes. Maybe we should book a convention at Freds Bar and Grill.

Not so fast, Lizard. The restaurant could be named after multiple Freds, thus justifying the signage. Interference with other cultures' punctuation or syntax can be disastrous. Before you go and start dropping your punctuation on other countries, you should remember this last ill-fated effort: [:-]

Clinton Deploys Vowels to Bosnia

(originally appeared in The Onion, Number One In News)
Cities of Sjlbvdnzv, Grzny to Be First Recipients

Before an emergency joint session of Congress yesterday, President Clinton announced US plans to deploy over 75,000 vowels to the war-torn region of Bosnia. The deployment, the largest of its kind in American history, will provide the region with the critically needed letters A,E,I,O and U, and is hoped to render countless Bosnian names more pronounceable.
"For six years, we have stood by while names like Ygrjvslhv and Tzlynhr and Glrm have been horribly butchered by millions around the world," Clinton said. "Today, the United States must finally stand up and say 'Enough.' It is time the people of Bosnia finally had some vowels in their incomprehensible words. The US is proud to lead the crusade in this noble endeavour."

The deployment, dubbed Operation Vowel Storm by the State Department, is set for early next week, with the Adriatic port cities of Sjlbvdnzv and Grzny slated to be the first recipients. Two C-130 transport planes, each carrying over 500 24-count boxes of "E's," will fly from Andrews Air Force Base across the Atlantic and airdrop the letters over the cities.

Citizens of Grzny and Sjlbvdnzv eagerly await the arrival of the vowels. "My God, I do not think we can last another day," Trszg Grzdnjkln, 44, said. "I have six children and none of them has a name that is understandable to me or to anyone else. Mr. Clinton, please send my poor, wretched family just one 'E.' Please."

Said Sjlbvdnzv resident Grg Hmphrs, 67: "With just a few key letters, I could be George Humphries. This is my dream."

The airdrop represents the largest deployment of any letter to a foreign country since 1984. During the summer of that year, the US shipped 92,000 consonants to Ethiopia, providing cities like Ouaouoaua, Eaoiiuae, and Aao with vital, life-giving supplies of L's, S's and T's.
jwolf

Post by jwolf »

I remember when that Onion article appeared in the late 90s. It's pretty funny. [:)]
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: jwolf

I remember when that Onion article appeared in the late 90s. It's pretty funny. [:)]
+1
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Not so fast, Lizard. The restaurant could be named after multiple Freds, thus justifying the signage. Interference with other cultures' punctuation or syntax can be disastrous. Before you go and start dropping your punctuation on other countries, you should remember this last ill-fated effort: [:-]

Before an emergency joint session of Congress yesterday, President Clinton announced US plans to deploy over 75,000 vowels to the war-torn region of Bosnia. The deployment, the largest of its kind in American history, will provide the region with the critically needed letters A,E,I,O and U, and is hoped to render countless Bosnian names more pronounceable.
"For six years, we have stood by while names like Ygrjvslhv and Tzlynhr and Glrm have been horribly butchered by millions around the world," Clinton said. "Today, the United States must finally stand up and say 'Enough.' It is time the people of Bosnia finally had some vowels in their incomprehensible words. The US is proud to lead the crusade in this noble endeavour."

The deployment, dubbed Operation Vowel Storm by the State Department, is set for early next week, with the Adriatic port cities of Sjlbvdnzv and Grzny slated to be the first recipients. Two C-130 transport planes, each carrying over 500 24-count boxes of "E's," will fly from Andrews Air Force Base across the Atlantic and airdrop the letters over the cities.

Citizens of Grzny and Sjlbvdnzv eagerly await the arrival of the vowels. "My God, I do not think we can last another day," Trszg Grzdnjkln, 44, said. "I have six children and none of them has a name that is understandable to me or to anyone else. Mr. Clinton, please send my poor, wretched family just one 'E.' Please."

Said Sjlbvdnzv resident Grg Hmphrs, 67: "With just a few key letters, I could be George Humphries. This is my dream."

The airdrop represents the largest deployment of any letter to a foreign country since 1984. During the summer of that year, the US shipped 92,000 consonants to Ethiopia, providing cities like Ouaouoaua, Eaoiiuae, and Aao with vital, life-giving supplies of L's, S's and T's.

All of the Balkans (except Greece) require a full scale invasion of vowels!

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Can anyone name the class of this ship? This is from a site that has 42 Nam pics. It hypes that they were lost, but I don't think so, at least one of them is famous.
http://buzzlamp.com/vietnam-flashback-a ... s-found/1/
If you go there I apologize for all the ads.

Attachments
bridge.jpg
bridge.jpg (185.82 KiB) Viewed 112 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

All of the Balkans (except Greece) require a full scale invasion of vowels!
warspite1

When will you Americans ever learn? As Donald Rumsfeld famously once said, "Americans do not do place name building".

Look at what happened last time you made a stab at re-building Eastern Europe and the fate of the famous Czech town of Brno. Your half-arsed attempt resulted in the world's 3rd largest island moving permanently to Central Europe [:-]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Antarctica in the middle of Germany?

I don't get it.

World's largest Island = Europe/Asia/Africa land mass

World's second largest island = North/South America land mass

World's third largest island = Antarctica

Yes, I realize mine is an unconventional definition of island, but technically speaking continents ARE islands.

[:D] Sorry, really, really bored at work today.
Hans

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Hey warspite1, meet me in the pet peeve thread.

m10bob

Post by m10bob »

Another nod for Loretta Young.

Attachments
lorettayoung.jpg
lorettayoung.jpg (78.62 KiB) Viewed 113 times

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”