mad except report during setup

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

herbertx

mad except report during setup

Post by herbertx »

so 2 of us tried to play barbarossa scenario on netplay using version 1.4.5. german player got mad except report during russian setup and couldnt advance beyond this stage because control never reverted to german player to do his setup. couldnt even save the game at any point except after mad except report. this was repeated many times even changing sides and showed up on only on the german players computer. if it will do any good im attaching the save game that occurred after the error.
Attachments
test1.zip
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: mad except report during setup

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: herbertx

so 2 of us tried to play barbarossa scenario on netplay using version 1.4.5. german player got mad except report during russian setup and couldnt advance beyond this stage because control never reverted to german player to do his setup. couldnt even save the game at any point except after mad except report. this was repeated many times even changing sides and showed up on only on the german players computer. if it will do any good im attaching the save game that occurred after the error.
The emailed Mad Except report(s) show(s) a problem with Supply for an individual unit. I'll see if I can reproduce this today. Where there any optional rules that you were/were not using?

---

Saved games for NetPlay games don't help us debug problems unless they come as a matched set: one from each player. By matched set, I mean that the Next Entry numbers are identical. You can see what the Next Entry numbers are by looking at About the Current Game in the drop down Help menu. They are also shown for saved games when you select an individual game from the opening screen.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Shannon V. OKeets

I just started a new game of Barbarossa with the Advanced optional rule set. We were able to set up the USSR and proceed to the German setup. After placing a few German units on the map I stopped testing.

So, I conclude that I wasn't able to reproduce the problem you had.

I haven't made any changes to Supply for the past month or more. I don't know why you get the Mad Except error (reported by Larry C.).
Steve

herbertx

Post by herbertx »

We were using a different set of optional rules depending on whose computer initiated the game but I`m afraid I cant recall the exact ones used. We will test again using various rules to see if we get the problem and will record which ones we use.

When we try to play again and this occurs what is the best way to debug this problem by which I mean what files should we collect exactly? Is there an error log to grab?
Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: herbertx

We were using a different set of optional rules depending on whose computer initiated the game but I`m afraid I cant recall the exact ones used. We will test again using various rules to see if we get the problem and will record which ones we use.

When we try to play again and this occurs what is the best way to debug this problem by which I mean what files should we collect exactly? Is there an error log to grab?
A screenshot at the time the program fails would be helpful. The Mad Except report gets emailed to us - Larry C.'s were fine. So there is no need to do anything more on that account. What you can do is bring up the Optionas form (Ctrl-O) and take a screenshot of that. That would be the easiest way to communicate the optional rule settings I think.
Steve

herbertx

Post by herbertx »

ok so we tried again - 2 player barbarossa scenario netplay using version 1.4.5.
im attaching the optional rules we used. German player got mad except error while Russian player was setting up. As the Russian player I just got thru placing the 3 saved oil counters in Moscow when german player got error.
Ok so we tried again not using any oil rules. This time we were successful in setting up both sides without error. We started playing, the german player even moving a few units around with no problems, then we decided to save the game and restart. Bad idea! We were unable to restore, probably because the entry numbers were different - one was 7683, the other was 7686. We were never able to restore even after multiple attempts.
So we deceided to restart a game without any oil rules. German player got mad except during Russian player setup just as I described in first message. This happens on 2 separate computers - for whoever is playing German side, so its not computer specific error. So we are back to original problem.
Attachments
russiasetup.zip
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
herbertx

Post by herbertx »

Heres a saved game file if it will help
Attachments
barb2.zip
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Shannon V. OKeets