tutorial 3

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Duck Doc

tutorial 3

Post by Duck Doc »

One of the options in the second stage of the exercise is to set up an ASW patrol with AB's Seahawks. It says I could set them to take off only when a contact is identified on the ship's sonar. How do I arrange this?
MR_BURNS2

RE: tutorial 3

Post by MR_BURNS2 »

· The helicopter could be assigned to a ASW strike mission which triggers when a sensor detects the submarine. The helicopter will take off and employ it on board sensors and sonobouys to localize the target and then attack using torpedoes or depth charges.

That would be the ASW Strike mission. Mission Class Strike, mission type ASW strike.

Have fun. [8D]

Windows 7 64; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz; 6144MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;

Duck Doc

Post by Duck Doc »

Thanks, got that but it says: "The helicopter could be assigned to a ASW strike mission which triggers when a sonar sensor aboard the ship detects a submarine." How do I set this up? Not saying this is a good idea but just asking how this can be done so the Blackhawks will deploy automatically when the ship's sensors say a sub is near. I am talking about the phrase, "which triggers when."

Oops, you mean just assign the hello to a strike mission and not patrol and it will prosecute any contacts automatically?
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

If you create an ASW strike mission without any specified target, set the 'activate when target is at minimum' to 'unknown', then assign the helo to that mission you should get the behaviour you're after.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”