Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

orca

RE: Thread for DB3000 database problems, updates or issues

Post by orca »

Can you add the "GHOST" ship. Not sure it could fit but would be interesting to see this used as part of the LCS ASW or Anti-surface modules....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juliet_Ma ... tems_Ghost
Patmanaut

Post by Patmanaut »

Hi:

I´m working on a Malvinas / Falklands scenario in 1982.
I´ve found the Sea Skua ASuW missile is not listed in the weapons DB.(DB 439.)
The only missile available to Lynx HAS2 is the Aerospatiale AS-12.

Regards

P.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

In the past, I have requested a couple of platforms for Cameroon. Now that Equatorial Guinea is going to be added (DB3K v440), I figured it made sense to suggest Cameroon again. I've tried to track down as much information as I could about Cameroon's navy and air force. Cameroon's navy is limited to patrol craft and a couple of landing craft but its air force, while small, does have some punch. I know I wouldn't want a couple of Alpha Jets or a couple of MB-326s bearing down on some of my oil rigs. :)

Most of the information comes from various editions of Jane's Fighting Ships, Military Balance, and Wikipedia.

CAMEROON – NAVY

P 104 Bakassi
Service dates: 1984-present
Displacement: 308 full load
Dimensions: 52.6 m x 7.2 m x 2.4 m
Main machinery: 2 SACM 195 V16 CZSHR diesels; 8000 hp(m) (5.88 MW) sustained; 2 shafts
Speed: 25 knots
Range: 2,000 nautical miles at 16 knots
Complement: 39 (6 officers)
Weapons: 2 x Bofors 40 mm/70
Weapons control: 2 Naja optronic systems. Racal Decca Cane 100 command system
Radars: Navigation/surface search: 2 Furuno; I-band
From the image in Jane’s, it looks like there is a single-barrel 40 mm. weapon on the bow and another one the stern

P 106 Akwayafe (Rodman 101 PB)
Service dates: 2000-present
Displacement: 63 tons full load (but http://www.lifeboatsonline.com/SMGC.html lists it as 85 tons)
Dimensions: 30 m. x 5.8 m. x 1.8 m.
Main machinery: 2 diesels, 2800 hp(m) (2.06 MW) 2 shafts (type not listed in Jane’s)
Speed: 26 knots (but http://www.lifeboatsonline.com/SMGC.html lists it at 35 knots)
Range: 800 nautical miles at 18 knots
Complement: 9
Guns: 2 x 12.7 mm. MG
Radar: Surface search: Furuno; I-band

Hard to tell where the guns are (there are not many photographs of this class)…it looks like it may be a twin mount on the bow…

Type 067 Yunan utility landing craft
Wikipedia also says Cameroon has 2 Type 067 Yunan utility landing craft, but these do not appear to be any different from the Chinese versions, so all necessary information is already in the database. The earliest date I could find for these in any source was 2009, so I am assuming the service dates are 2009-present.

CAMEROON – AIR FORCE

Most of the aircraft for Cameroon’s air force are already in the database. The hard part was identifying the specific version and the service dates.

MB-326K Impala I/II
(in database)
Purchased from South Africa
Service dates: 1998-present

Alpha Jet MS2

(This is the only aircraft that I think needs a completely new entry)

According to Wikipedia, “Alpha Jet MS2: Improved version with new avionics, an uprated engine, Magic Air-to-Air missiles, and a Lancier glass cockpit….In 1980, work began on an "Alternate Close Support" version of the Alpha Jet, featuring a SAGEM ULISS 81 INS, a Thomson-CSF VE-110 HUD, a TMV630 laser rangefinder in a modified nose and a TRT AHV 9 radio altimeter, with all avionics linked through a digital databus. Initial flight was on 9 April 1982. Cameroon obtained seven and Egypt obtained 15. As with the original Egyptian order for MS1 machines, Dassault provided four such machines under the designation of MS2 and AOI of Egypt assembled the other eleven from knockdown kits.”

Service dates: 1984-present (I found one source listing an ejection for the Cameroon Air Force for the Alpha Jet MS2 on 24th August 1984, so I assume they were in service by this time.)

Specifications (Close-support version); data from Jane's All The World's Aircraft 1982-83

Crew: two
Length: 13.23 m (43 ft 5 in)
Wingspan: 9.11 m (29 ft 10¾ in)
Height: 4.19 m (13 ft 9 in)
Wing area: 17.50 m² (188.4 ft²)
Empty weight: 3,515 kg (7,750 lb)
Loaded weight: 5,000 kg (11,000 lb)
Max. takeoff weight: 7,500 kg (16,535 lb)
Powerplant: 2 × SNECMA Turbomeca Larzac 04-C5 turbofans, 13.24 kN (2,976 lbf) each
Maximum speed: 1,000 km/h (540 kn, 621 mph) at sea level
Stall speed: 167 km/h (90 knots, 104 mph) (flaps and undercarriage down)
Combat radius: 610 km (329 nmi, 379 mi) lo-lo-lo profile, gun pod, underwing weapons and two drop tanks
Ferry range: 2,940 km (1,586 nmi, 1,827 mi)
Service ceiling: 14,630 m (48,000 ft)
Rate of climb: 57 m/s (11,220 ft/min)

Guns: One 27 mm Mauser BK-27 Revolver cannon in centreline gun pack with 120 rounds or one 30 mm DEFA in centerline pod with 150 rounds
Rockets: Two Matra rocket pods with eighteen SNEB 68 mm rockets each or two CRV7 rocket pods with nineteen 70 mm rockets each
Missiles: Two AIM-9 Sidewinders; two Matra Magic IIs; two AGM-65 Mavericks;
Bombs: 2,500 kg (5,500 lb) of payload on five external hardpoints, including a variety of bombs (such as the Hunting BL755 cluster bomb) or Drop tanks for extended range.

C-130H Hercules
(in database)
Service dates: 1977-present

SA-342L
(in database, but the Cameroon version is listed as being HOT-capable, which is listed as a weapon on the SA-342M…is it possible to use the SA-342L data and just add the HOT loadout as an option?)
Service dates: 1990-present (they might have been purchased earlier, but this is the earliest date where I can find a reference saying they were in service)

CN-235MT
(I could not find technical data for this variant, but one article says France got four of these, too, and emphasizes that this is a “medium transport,” I wonder if this is just the CN-235-300, which is already in the database.)
Service dates: 2014-present

Thanks for considering these!
ckfinite

Post by ckfinite »

ORIGINAL: emsoy

But is the S-400 operational with the 9M96M missile? Don't think it is, yet. Or?

Well, there's exactly one image I can find of it that's not obviously the same setup as the one I originally posted.

Ru Wiki says in service of 1999 - but this seems a bit sketchy (and it cites APA). While the missile seems to be in serial production now (it's arming corvettes and S-350 now), I can't seem to find anything about it on the S-400 itself. Probably best to hold off
ckfinite

Post by ckfinite »

ORIGINAL: orca

Can you add the "GHOST" ship. Not sure it could fit but would be interesting to see this used as part of the LCS ASW or Anti-surface modules....

And it should be about the noisiest thing ever to hit the water, and shouldn't the wake make a pretty big radar signature?

It's also not very heavily armed - man portable missiles don't mean much in a naval context.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Thanks! Have closed this ticket in the bug-tracking database, will re-open when the system goes operational (if ever) [:D]

ORIGINAL: Coiler12

....aaand BUMP!

BIG BUMP! [:D]

BIG BUMP!

BIG BUMP!

What was the deal with the North Korean SSB submarine reported earlier this year? Does it exist, or was it just propaganda?

Thanks!

Found this aggregation of pieces on it (and SLBMs in general)

-Apparently, the missile exists, but the submarine (much less its operational status) is far more dubious.
EDIT: 38-North says the submarine is still being built, just that it's not integrated with the missile yet.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

There's not an awful lot to go on, stat-wise....

Cheechako

Post by Cheechako »

ORIGINAL: ckfinite

And it should be about the noisiest thing ever to hit the water, and shouldn't the wake make a pretty big radar signature?

It's also not very heavily armed - man portable missiles don't mean much in a naval context.

I just watched a few videos, and there's not much wake when the boat is at speed. With an armament of a 20mm mini gun and sea griffin missiles, it's punch is that of most other 60' plus boats. I think it would make a great asset in a Bahrain type scenario.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Hi Pat, are you using the 1980+ database? And what version (date-wise) of the Lynx are you using?

ORIGINAL: Patmanaut

Hi:

Regards

P.

SASR

Post by SASR »

Sweet, thanks! [:D]

Any photos of the boats with the system installed?

I can only find a single picture with the full SEWIP Block 2 (AN/SLQ-32(V)6) configuration put on an Arleigh-Burke

Its not allowing me to post any pictures yet, so if you got to the link below you will see the system installed
Replace the slash after "janes" with a period and you should be good to go
janes/com/article/43892/sewip-block-2-set-for-at-sea-operational-test

I cant find any pictures with the Block 2 "Lite" (AN/SLQ-32C(V)6) set installed on an LCS yet.

ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Thanks!

Anyone wanna feel like diving into the photo gallery at navy.mil? [:D]

Have spent countless hrs there digging up the actual weapon and sensor configuration of various ship mods & upgrades. Hence the per-unit implementation of USN carriers in the database lol!

SASR

Post by SASR »

Thanks!

Have spent countless hrs there digging up the actual weapon and sensor configuration of various ship mods & upgrades. Hence the per-unit implementation of USN carriers in the database lol!

What additional information do you need to get the SEWIP Blocks implemented into the database?
Patmanaut

Post by Patmanaut »

Hi Pat, are you using the 1980+ database? And what version (date-wise) of the Lynx are you using?

ORIGINAL: Patmanaut

Hi:

Regards

P.
Hi
I´m sorry, I believed that DB439 was the version I´ve been using, but it was a CW one.
It happened that I used an older scenario as template.
Thanks!
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

ORIGINAL: SASR

Thanks!

What additional information do you need to get the SEWIP Blocks implemented into the database?

I would like to add it to LCS but need to know if it also includes a jammer element [8D]

The Burke had the first system installed for operational testing (yes?), but need to know what date the system will be installed in large numbers.

ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Added some Cameroon units, but lacking details on others. See below:
ORIGINAL: Mgellis

Wikipedia also says Cameroon has 2 Type 067 Yunan utility landing craft, but these do not appear to be any different from the Chinese versions, so all necessary information is already in the database. The earliest date I could find for these in any source was 2009, so I am assuming the service dates are 2009-present.

Would be great if you could dig up pennant numbers and name of lead ship [8D]

CAMEROON – AIR FORCE
C-130H Hercules
(in database)

One of the C-130Hs is a C-130H-30? Date on this one?

SA-342L
(in database, but the Cameroon version is listed as being HOT-capable, which is listed as a weapon on the SA-342M…is it possible to use the SA-342L data and just add the HOT loadout as an option?)
Service dates: 1990-present (they might have been purchased earlier, but this is the earliest date where I can find a reference saying they were in service)

Seems there is one helicopter in service and it is used for transport only?
CN-235MT
(I could not find technical data for this variant, but one article says France got four of these, too, and emphasizes that this is a “medium transport,” I wonder if this is just the CN-235-300, which is already in the database.)

Has this a/c been delivered yet? Lots of uncertainty here it seems?

Thanks!

Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Added some Cameroon units, but lacking details on others. See below:

Would be great if you could dig up pennant numbers and name of lead ship [8D]

So far, no luck, but I will keep looking.

CAMEROON – AIR FORCE
C-130H Hercules
(in database)

One of the C-130Hs is a C-130H-30? Date on this one?

The following site says 1982.

http://www.airport-data.com/search/sear ... d%20C-130H

Oh, if you're ever looking for information on C-130s, you might find this site interesting.

http://www.c-130.net/

(Someone has WAY too much free time on their on their hands...)

SA-342L

Seems there is one helicopter in service and it is used for transport only?

World Air Forces says they have three of them. I think four were delivered initially, but one crashed. I'd have to check my sources on that to be sure, though. They do have one SA-318, which I forgot to mention (it does not appear to be in the database anyway).

CN-235MT

Has this a/c been delivered yet? Lots of uncertainty here it seems?

Thanks!

Wikipedia says it was delivered in July, 2013...I put down 2014 because I figured it probably wouldn't be in regular use until about then anyway. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CASA/IPTN_CN-235. World Air Forces also lists it as being ordered in 2013 and being active in 2014.

Thanks!
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

More for Cameroon...

Mi-8TMB/Mi-17 Hip
Service dates: 2015-

"Mi-17 Hip multimission helicopter...The improved version of the Mi-8 is the Mi-17 Hip multipurpose helicopter, also known as the Mi-8TMB. It is specifically designed for improved capabilities at high altitudes and in hot weather conditions....The Mi-17 is identifiable from the Mi-8 by the additional air filters on the turbine air intakes, as well as left hand side mounted tail rotor, required by the more powerful TB-3-117A turboshaft engines it is fitted with....The Mi-17 can climb at the rate of 8m/s. The maximum and cruise speed of the helicopter are 250km/h and 225km/h respectively. The range of the helicopter is 465km and the service ceiling is 6,000m. The aircraft weighs around 7,489kg and its maximum take-off weight is 13,000kg." --http://www.army-technology.com/projects/mi8t/

They were apparently ordered in 2013. World Air Forces says 5 were ordered, but not delivered by 2014, but...

http://www.businessinsider.com/afp-came ... own-2015-2

...shows them in action in Feb. 2015, so I figured 2015- was reasonable for the service dates.

More information: http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?o ... Itemid=107

Z-9WE
Service dates: 2015-

"Z-9W/WA/WZ Dauphin...Z-9W is the first indigenous anti-armor attack helicopter derived from the license-built AS-365N. Its main armament are four KD-8 wire-guided ATGMs (range 600-3,000m, armor penetration >800mm). Besides anti-tank missiles, it can carry also two 57mm/90mm rocket pods, or two 12.7mm machine gun pods, or two 23mm cannons, or four TY-90 IR-guided AAMs. A roof-mounted optical sight provides target searching and tracking in the daylight. The helicopter wears an army camouflage but is lightly armored. It also lacks effective counter-measures against IR and laser guided SAMs. One helicopter was seen fitted with an IRCM prototype (similar to American AN/ALQ-144) behind the main rotor. However the system has yet to enter the service. Its maximum take-off weight is 4,100kg, maximum speed 315km, maximum range 664km and ceiling 4,220m. The first prototype of Z-9W flew in 1989 and dozens were produced (S/N LH959xx, 969xx, 979xx, 989xx, 999xx) between 90s and 2000s. An further improved night-attack version dubbed Z-9WA similar to AS 565CA Panther was developed in 2000 featuring more powerful engines and a new stub wing which can carry up to 8 KD-8 ATGMs or PL-90AAMs. Its nose is redesigned to carry a low-light TV/IRST turret (YY-1?) for night missions, with RWR antennas installed on both sides. A mast-mounted millimeter wave radar prototype was also tested. Z-9WA has a better armor protection in the cockpit area, a flare launcher, datalink and a redesigned NVG compatible cockpit. An air data sensor is installed on the starboard side of the cabin. A large datalink antenna is installed underneath the boom. An improved version (Z-9WZ) was also developed and it first flew on December 29, 2004. This variant is thought to feature an improved fire-control system including a laser designator which allows the helicopter to fire the new KD-9 ATGM or FN-6 AAM. Z-9WA/WZs have been entering service with the Army Aviation (S/N LH919xx, 929xx, 939xx, 949xx, 959xx, 969xx, 979xx, 989xx, 999xx, 9109xx) since early 2005 as a stop-gap measure until Z-10/Z-19 (see below) enters the service. PLAAF also took delivery of a few Z-9WZs in 2007 (S/N 609x, 619x, 606x, 616x). Some of them are equipped with loudspeakers and a search light for SAR purpose. A similar variant (Z-9ZH) is also in service with the PLAAF unit stationed in Hong Kong (S/N 620x). Its export version has been designated as Z-9WE. Its engine intakes can be installed with dust filters for desert operations. 4 were delivered to Kenya in 2010, marking the first export success of this variant. 2 more were expected to be delivered to Kenya in 2013. In addition Cameroon ordered 4. All are expected to be delivered in 2014." --http://chinese-military-aviation.blogsp ... ers-i.html

More information (not much) here... http://china-defense.blogspot.com/2010/ ... opter.html

Referred to as Z-9AE in...

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?o ... Itemid=107
http://defence-blog.com/?p=5168

(the good news...we know they were flying by 2015...the bad news...one of them crashed!)

I hope all this helps. Thanks for considering these.

SASR

Post by SASR »

I would like to add it to LCS but need to know if it also includes a jammer element [8D]

The Burke had the first system installed for operational testing (yes?), but need to know what date the system will be installed in large numbers.

I can't give you any solid numbers on exactly how many vessels SEWIP Block II will be backfitted on, but since SEWIP Block II reached full-rate production mid-2015 and low rate production since 2013, all new USN destroyers and carriers being built/outfitted (DDG-113 and up, CVN-78 and up) should be installed with them. Since the USS Bainbridge was the testing ship for the Block II I think it will keep it on too.

From: defensesystems/com/Articles/2014/12/09/Navy-Next-Generation-Jammer-delayed.aspx?m=1&Page=2

"The CNO’s Position Report also noted that Block 2 upgrades for the Surface Electronic Warfare Improvement Program, or SEWIP, were delivered this year, with installations started on DDG-51 class ships. CNO said full-rate production is expected in mid-2015."

The carrier version of SEWIP Block II will be the AN/SLQ-32B(V)6, as referenced in the below link.

fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=0c2cddcd85d2b4 /6 /1 /0 /9 /6baecf6 /3 /7 /8 /3 /3d9&tab=core&_cview=1

To my knowledge they do have plans to retrofit current LCSs with the Low RCS version of SEWIP (AN/SLQ-32C(V)6) before 2019 along with a long list of other upgrades, and the full rate production contract (above link) indicates that they will contract to build ALL Block II variants (CVN, DDG, LCS), so like like the Burke class they will probably fit all LCSs being outfitted (LCS-7 and up) with the Block II. Like the USS Bainbridge, the USS Freedom served as the testing ship for the AN/SLQ-32C(V)6, so in the DB is should be listed as already backfitted

From: military/com/daily-news/2015/03/04/navy-plans-to-expand-speed-up-lcs-modifications.html?ESRC=dod-bz.nl

"Navy Secretary Ray Mabus told lawmakers Wednesday that the service hopes to expand and speed up modifications to its fleet of Littoral Combat Ships so that technological upgrades slated for a new variant of the ship are retrofitted onto the existing fleet before 2019."

As for the Active Jammimg on the Block II, it's indicated to have it, but I can't anything that directly says that. Block III is the big electronic attack Block, but when they talk about it they say it will Improve existing jamming, not add Jamming capability altogether. Based off this and the fact they had active SLQ-32 jamming in the late 80s, I believe the Block II will have a Jammer element.

From: news/usni/org/2015/02/12/navy-awards-sewip-block-iii-contract-northrop-grumman

“The SEWIP Block 3 will include improvements for the electronic attack by providing integrated countermeasures against radio frequency-guided threats and extending frequency range coverage. The Block 3 will be installed on surface combatants that have the existing active version of the SLQ-32,” reads a description from the service.

From: janes/com/article/50279/update-northrop-grumman-selected-to-provide-sewip-block-3-for-usn-ships

"SEWIP Block 3 extends the EW suite to include EA capability improvements"
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Thanks, updated the Cameroon stuff [8D]

ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Thanks, I'm adding the AN/SLQ-36(V)6 variants to the database. Have also added it to the 2015 variant of the DDG 96 in the database, and to future Burkes and carriers. Also been looking through the photos on navy.mil:

LCS 1 Freedom, April 2015. No SQL-36?:
http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/ ... 37-004.JPG

DDG 96 has it:
http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/ ... 61-010.JPG

CVN 77 has the old version:
http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/ ... 99-009.JPG

CVN 78 doesn't have it yet (?)
http://www.navy.mil/management/photodb/ ... 12-001.JPG

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”