Crazy OT

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Footslogger

Crazy OT

Post by Footslogger »

dr.hal

RE: Crazy OT

Post by dr.hal »

That is CRAZY!
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Apparently it looks like he made it through OK. So I guess it was "worth it". Sort of like bungee jumping or skydiving I guess.
cohimbra

Post by cohimbra »

It's a computer animation IMO
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

It looks more like a large dust devil than a tornado. It can be unpleasant to be in the middle of one, but it isn't anywhere near as destructive as a tornado.

It refers to an "outback tornado", which would imply Australia, but the tornado is turning counter clockwise, which is the direction they usually turn in the northern hemisphere.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Mundy

Post by Mundy »

Back in college, I had a job ticketing cars.

While on one of my walks, I was watching a dust devil move through from a residential area towards campus. This happened to be "Earth Day", so there was a big setup going on in the middle of campus.

Two of the school's larger buildings almost intersected at an angle, with a gap between them. You could hear the Indians going on with their drums, bands playing, etc. This whirlwind headed directly for the gap between the two buildings which aimed it directly at the festivities, all of which I was on the opposite side of. "This ought to be good..." I started thinking.

After it crossed, there was a very large "Whap!". Suddenly this huge tent/awning which was set up was a few hundred feet in the air and not coming down anytime soon. Everything got disrupted and a few people went to the hospital. Apparently, tent stakes were found embedded a mile away.

The power of nature, I guess.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”