State Guard Units

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Bearcat2

State Guard Units

Post by Bearcat2 »

I am playing Scenario 55 BtS and enjoying it. One of the features is the Japanese in the hands of a skillful opponent[at least more skillful than me-which is about everyone] is their capability to invade Hawaii and the US mainland.
I was looking to add the State Guard units to the scenario, but am having trouble finding a list or what values to assign. I know in Hawaii, for ex, there was about 6,000 total all except for an AA unit were infantry armed with Springfields.
Alaska[Eskimo Scouts -ex], California[20,000], Washington St, Oregon also had very lightly armed units.
I am looking for squad experience, morale. anti-armor, anti-soft, Motorized[at least for the Or,Wa,Ca] suggestions?

State Guard units were state troops not liable for federal service and couldn't leave the state, They were formed before WW2 when the National Guard units were being federalized.

Hawaii Territorial units:
Hawaii Territorial Guard 1200 on dec7th 41': formed out of U of Hawii ROTC, high school ROTC & Am Legion
Businessmen's Military Training Corps 1500 formed jan 42'
Hawaii Defense Volunteers 800 formed jan 42' [ 1/2 in Kona-1/2 in Hilo]
Kauai Volunteers 100?
Maui Volunteers 100?
Molokai-Lanai Voluneers 100?
Organized Defense Volunteers 100 ?
Varsity Victory Volunteers 150; jan 42', in march 43' dissolved into the 442nd Regimental Combat Team
Hawaii Air Depot Volunteer Corp 1500 oct 42' Hickam field, base force with AA

"After eight years as President I have only two regrets: that I have not shot Henry Clay or hanged John C. Calhoun."--1837
98ZJUSMC

RE: State Guard Units

Post by 98ZJUSMC »

I would go ahead an equip them as US INF 41/42 and leave them as such throughout the game without upgrades until at least late '44. Experience would be generally no more than 40 to start, morale would be good at 75, or above.

In the case of the Alaska Scouts, they were pretty experienced. I would give them experience of 70 to start.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”