Lift with your airmen BTS Joe (J) vs Kris (A) No Kris

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Prydwen

RE: Lift with your airmen BTS Joe (J) vs Kris (A) No Kris

Post by Prydwen »

Hello,

Kris has been on vacation and won’t be back until this weekend so I have had the turn for several days and I have been doing a lot of the time consuming things that have fallen by the wayside a bit. I’ve culled pilots, looked over various economic areas, and done in depth looks at each theater, area by area. It’s always nice to be able to do this every now and then.

There isn’t much to update since the last time. The current date is January 10th. As was expected Tarakan has fallen. It’s been a few days since I ran the turn file so that’s really the only important thing I remember happening.

I don’t want to say nothing is new! Great update! So, let’s go over some of the ship production because I feel like talking about it. I know I went over it in a general sense earlier but let’s post some details. I’ll focus on the naval yards this time. If I’m not too tired or under the influence I’ll cover merchant yard details too.

Earlier I remember saying that I was going to accelerate all CV’s as much as possible. I’ll take all the flight decks I can get. The picture shows tracker details for all the capital ships in production. As you can see we should have the last of our carriers completed by middle of 1943. What you don’t see in the picture is the CVE conversions that are available. In this mod there are 5 xAP’s that can convert to CVE’s in June 1942. All 5 are sitting in port waiting on June. The conversion takes a minimum of 240 days. Assuming no losses, which might actually occur with the very bloodless campaign so far, Japan will have a total of 13 CV’s, 12 CVL’s, and 9 CVE’s by middle of 1943. And that’s it for the rest of the war. We’ll have to be very careful with these precious ships. Once our expansion phase is done and we transition to defense it'll be much easier to care for them.

You can see the one BC that is available for construction is halted. I’ll likely never build it. I’d rather accelerate CV’s and build airplanes. Maybe it’s because I’m in the Air Force but I’d rather have the airpower.

For now the building CA/CL’s are halted. We will build them eventually. They’re on hold so the carriers can accelerate. In the beginning of March we’ll have Junyo and Hiyo (within 2 days of each other!) so we will be able to accelerate the remaining carriers and probably restart construction on a CL. I’m not sure because I haven’t done the math.

DD’s aren’t in the picture because there are so many of them and I don’t plan on halting or accelerating any of them. I’ll build them as they come.

Ok, so let’s go ahead and discuss merchant builds. I’m shutting down almost everything. I only plan to build the auxiliary types (AS, AV, AKE, etc), the TK/AO of course, patrol ships, and xAP’s. Where I’m really cutting back is the xAK types which makes sense because they are the majority of my production. I want to maximize heavy industry savings and versatility in my merchant fleet. To suit those ends we are sticking with what is already built and only building the Std-A, B, C, and D ships. As I decide is needed I will convert the Std series to TK’s. Ideally I'd like to have no ships sitting idle. If they’re sitting idle they’re a waste that could be airplanes (in the case of the BC over 2,000) on a kamikaze trip to an Allied fleet.

I suppose that will do for now. As always, thanks for reading and feel free to ask questions or comment. The best part of AAR’s is the discussion and learning that goes on. It only makes us all better players.

Joe

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (312.07 KiB) Viewed 87 times
Prydwen

Post by Prydwen »

Hi,

I had the night off so I got some sleep last night and now I’m at home alone with the wife at work. I should be doing housework but I’d rather work on my turn and AAR so that’s what I’m doing. Bad husband.

I think it’s time for a comprehensive update of each area with maps. So let’s get started.

North Pacific:

Early on in the war I divided one of the Assault Divisions at Etorofu into it’s A, B, and C components. Fast transports ran them in to Attu, Amchitka, and Adak. They have 1 engineer in each component and they’re building forts. Whenever I get to it I’ll load up an aviation unit and send Ms. Emily up this way to warn me if Kris is coming. It’s really bare bones up here. I only took it so Kris would have to take it back if he wants it and to be a speed bump if he wants to go the northern route.

Attachments
nopac.jpg
nopac.jpg (94.57 KiB) Viewed 87 times
Prydwen

Post by Prydwen »

China:

In an email Kris said he detests China. I’m not that fond of it myself so it has been on the back burner. In the BTS mod garrison requirements are greatly increased. This is BTS lite which, I think, increases them just not as much. I’ve slowly been micromanaging them and getting them sorted out as well as organizing our offensives but it’s getting to be time to move China to the front burner. China will also be my place to pull restricted combat units from. As divisions get beaten up they’ll be cheaper to buy out. Why not two for 2000 PP’s instead of one for 1500? They may not leave China immediately but they’ll be available when China is in a state that I want it to be in.

Up North you can see my color coded offensives. The text boxes explain them pretty well. The current most interesting/important to me offensive is the tank army. They will hopefully get to the hex with the purple star before those 18 units in the circle can get to Sian. They are headed towards 6 enemy units and there are 3 more in the next hex. I don’t know if it’ll be fast enough to cut them all off or strong enough to even punch through. We’ll see.

Down to the South we’re just working to clear things up, hopefully on the cheap. Ichang has about 1000 AV building forts with some more engineers on the way. Eventually we’ll try a breakout and open up the Northern Changsha flank.

Attachments
china.jpg
china.jpg (935.33 KiB) Viewed 87 times
Prydwen

Post by Prydwen »

Burma:

It’s moving as fast as molasses. Should start to see something in the next few days. Imperial Guard, 55th division, and an RTA division will cross the river to Pegu in the next few days. I’m railing some additional aviation support and the 1st Raiding rgt to Chiang Mai. Oscars, transports, and recon have flown in. Maybe we can cut some lines of retreat or the Burma road with that paras. We’ll stay flexible.

Java:

2 Divisions and 2 Tank Rgt’s are loading at Singapore for Merak. Follow on forces will include artillery, aviation units, and more tanks. Tanks will move around Batavia to cut off retreat of any troops there. Aviation units will move into Batavia when we take it. If it looks like a long siege the divisions and artillery will take care of that while additional forces (there are another 4 divisions at Singapore) will take the rest of the island. There has been minimal resistance everywhere on the map. There are only so many places to put those Dutch troops and we have to run into them sooner or later. Unless he’s doing a fortress Timor (I doubt it) they’re here on Java. 6 divisions should make short work of them.

Attachments
burma.jpg
burma.jpg (274.45 KiB) Viewed 87 times
Prydwen

Post by Prydwen »

I haven't heard from Kris since early August. I hadn't updated for a few days but I don't see the point now and I think we can consider this one done. Too bad because I was having fun. Maybe someday I'll make it to 1943. A new post looking for an opponent may be forthcoming. IF you've read this, please don't apply. [;)][:D]

Joe

Return to “After Action Reports”