Loadouts

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

Devonport

Loadouts

Post by Devonport »

I would appreciate any help on optimising loadouts, as choosing the best loadout for various missions seems an interesting facet of the game.

For better or worse, my limited approach to loadouts is:

1) Give incendaries to any Bomber Command plane that can take them and set most missions to attack manpower and HI.
2) Maximise number of smaller bombs available to level bombers on primarily interdiction missions.
3) Prioritise mines for RAF Coastal Command and Coastal Air Force planes on naval patrol, second best rockets, third torpedoes, otherwise small bombs.
4) For fighter bombers, go for rockets and therefore prioritise rocket capable FBs for training for bombing.

Well that's about it. Mostly picked these ideas up from the forum, otherwise what seems intuitive. I don't bother changing loadouts when there is a temporary change of mission - life is too short, but maybe if I was playing a human?

Helpless

RE: Loadouts

Post by Helpless »

I important thing on load outs is that when set on auto it can adopt to various situation - extended range, limited fuel/ammo, type of target, etc. So unless you really like to run some specialized missions, auto would allow you to make more sorties.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Devonport

Post by Devonport »

Does this also apply to Photo Recce, which is also a loadout? In other words do I have to chose the right camera (e.g. High Level for Strat Recce at 36000ft) or can I leave it on auto?
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

it works both ways, auto will try to pick based on the mission altitude. If you assign some photo device it will try to get down (or up) to the most effective altitude at the target hex.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
ElvisDaKing

Post by ElvisDaKing »

On several discussions I read that most of people seems to prefer FB armed with rockets than with bombs...

Rockets seems to be fine with Ground Attack against units, but when come the time to bomb airfield / railyard / port with FB , do you prefer Bombs or Rockets ?

Also for Interdiction, do you prefer Rockets or Bombs ?

'To my point, in war, there s just one attractive thing : the victory Parade... What sucks, it s all the things before.... We should get the enlist payroll and do the parade right away, before that it get totally screwed up'
Un Taxi pour Tobrouk
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

ORIGINAL: ElvisDaKing

On several discussion I read, most of people seems to prefer FB armed with rockets than with bombs...

Rockets seems to be fine with Ground Attack against units, but when come the time to bomb airfield / railyard / port with FB , do you prefer Bombs or Rockets ?

Also for Interdiction, do you prefer Rockets or Bombs ?

Rockets are always best for Unit or Interdiction missions. They will suffer high losses though, so make sure you use them wisely.

For Airfields, rockets work well, but bombs are just as fine; I don't use rocket-equipped planes on AF, because I want to save them for other missions. I find 2E bombers works really well for this
ElvisDaKing

Post by ElvisDaKing »

Actually I was thinking about Mosquito FB VI.
But I think that their bomb capacity is too low to use them in airfield attack...
'To my point, in war, there s just one attractive thing : the victory Parade... What sucks, it s all the things before.... We should get the enlist payroll and do the parade right away, before that it get totally screwed up'
Un Taxi pour Tobrouk
decourcy2

Post by decourcy2 »

FBVI's with 2000lbs of bombs will also dive down and use their cannon on attacks. They are extremely effective.

Return to “The War Room”