Moving reference points...

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

thewood1

Moving reference points...

Post by thewood1 »

Can you move multiple ref points at the same time? I spent a lot of time building a task group with a bunch of patrols around ref points. I need to move the group, but am trying to find a way to move the ref points with them.
cf_dallas

RE: Moving reference points...

Post by cf_dallas »

Lua
Formerly cwemyss
figabo

Post by figabo »

not need to use LUA in this case : create the reference points and put them to relative and select your group. They will move as your group will move and keep their position

but if you want the reference points does not keep their same relative position to the group, as said cf_dallas, you will need to use LUA
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I am not looking to move them during the game. I am looking to move them in the scenario editor as I move the group of units with the M key
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

In the Editor you need to set the reference points to the unit (fixed or rotating). Move using the unit using the "M" function and run the game for at least 1-second, the reference points will move to their relative positions automatically as soon as the game runs. This works for groups as well since the RP's will conform to the new position of their units. Reset game time and you're done. I use this feature all the time but make sure that you disable any events meant to fire at the start of the game before running it otherwise you are just creating more work for yourself.

-C
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Cool. I didn't do that because I didn't want my events and scripts all screwed up. I never thought of disabling them temporarily. Thanks a lot!
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Moving anchored ref points with the group is on my to-do list, I just need to find the time to implement it [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

No prob...the above solution worked perfectly...work on something more exotic.

Return to “The War Room”