Standard Rules

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
shunwick

Standard Rules

Post by shunwick »

Please take the opportunity to rename the Standard Rules and Advanced Rules.

New players are always attracted to try out the Standard Rules first. Why would they not? The problem is that many, many scenarios do not work properly under the Standard Rules.

This leaves new players confused. And experienced players are also confused when they try to help new players and don't realize that they are playing Standard Rules.

Most players have simply forgotten that Standard Rules exist and although I have seen highly detailed scenario briefings mentioning complex house rules, MRPB, which sides are playable etc, I have never seen any scenario that mentions that it is Advanced Rules only.

There is nothing standard about the Standard Rules. The Advanced Rules are the standard. A renaming is in order.

Best wishes,
Steve
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”