Badly Needed Graphics Expansion

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Lobster

Badly Needed Graphics Expansion

Post by Lobster »

We need a wider variety of unit counter colors. With the larger maps some scenarios are going to need more shades vertically and more colors horizontally. Maybe make it twice as wide and twice as high. Even moderately sized scenarios can use a wider variety.

Attachments
ScreenHunt..1514.24.jpg
ScreenHunt..1514.24.jpg (46.08 KiB) Viewed 98 times
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
orabera

RE: Badly Needed Graphics Expansion

Post by orabera »

Also, some of us are color-bllind, perhaps less use of red with pretty any other color.
"As god is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."
Freyr Oakenshield

Post by Freyr Oakenshield »

Why not implement a... colour palette so that the designer could choose a colour to his/her liking. There could be a number of default colours + a colour palette, for example something like this:

Attachments
colours.jpg
colours.jpg (28.3 KiB) Viewed 93 times
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

It isn't about how many colors there are. If you read the manual you will see it's about cooperation levels. With a limited number of rows in a column you are limited in that respect. Same with the number of columns. I don't really care about what the background colors are or icon colors are, just the fact that there are such a limited number that limits formations and their cooperation.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

If this is still time for a wish list, I would like more possibilities in terms of graphics for terrain. For example, clear hexagons always look like the same. More variation in terms of graphics for the same type of hexagon would add some more diversity to maps.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
r6kunz

Post by r6kunz »

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

If this is still time for a wish list, I would like more possibilities in terms of graphics for terrain. For example, clear hexagons always look like the same. More variation in terms of graphics for the same type of hexagon would add some more diversity to maps.

re: map graphics. I agree the terrain tiles could use some additional variation. The only option for large lake is a shallow water tile. That ends up looking like an ugly blob. So perhaps a lake tile, same effect as shallow water but aesthetically more pleasing. Think Moscow Reservoir.
Avatar image was taken in hex 87,159 Vol 11 of
Vietnam Combat Operations by Stéphane MOUTIN LUYAT aka Boonierat.
Toan

Post by Toan »

If we're talking map graphics here I suppose it's too late to suggest, swamps (as opposed to marshes), rice paddies, orchards, plantations (tea, rubber and rice), rural small villages, etc.

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”