blizzard vs reduced blizzard

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

wga8888

blizzard vs reduced blizzard

Post by wga8888 »

Both my opponent and I are rookies, to start the Operation Typhoon scenario(after we completed Road to Minsk, Road to Leningrad)as a precursor to the Campaign game.

We are discussing full blizzard vs reduced blizzard option. I have run into German player groups in other games who want to ensure a decisive German victory else why play the game (DG Windows War in Europe).

Is reduced blizzard advocated for balance in a human vs human game, or to simply minimize negative impact on the German army (ignoring history)?
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]
loki100

RE: blizzard vs reduced blizzard

Post by loki100 »

I believe the Moscow/Typhoon scenario is balanced around the old blizzard rules, so that is one consideration.

Problem is the old blizzard is ridiculously over-powered (not in the scenario where the OOBs are historic but in a campaign) leadimg to wierd Axis responses like retreating back to Poland (check out some of the older AARs). The new rules encourage a winter fight (which I think is more fun for both sides)

In the campaign as the Soviets you get a nice bonus for the mild winter (and giving up +1) - a much lower threshold for Gds. Its possible, if rare, to get Gds off 1 win and its quite likely once you reach 4. Since Gds are the foundation to your chances in 1942, this is a pretty decent trade off

Return to “The War Room”