Steam a pile of steam?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Peltonx

Steam a pile of steam?

Post by Peltonx »

So we have to pay to post?

Really?

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (152.33 KiB) Viewed 75 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Freyr Oakenshield

RE: Steam a pile of steam?

Post by Freyr Oakenshield »

Yep. This is done to limit the number of phishers who set up hundreds of accounts and scammed silly Steam users... Not sure if this restricts posting but there are some restrictions unless you buy something for 5 bucks...
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Thanks for being honest bro, but I can see why they do it.

Be nice if they would say you have to pay to post up front and not get a key and do a review.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Freyr Oakenshield

Yep. This is done to limit the number of phishers who set up hundreds of accounts and scammed silly Steam users... Not sure if this restricts posting but there are some restrictions unless you buy something for 5 bucks...

Now I take 5 hrs and figure out how to spend 5$

Lol not easy to even find my account info, like going to kiddy land hehe

Be easyer to hack a program then get around steam land heheh
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Freyr Oakenshield

Bro seeing Steam help is a PoS = Pile of Steam

I paided the cash but still can not post because Steam Guard is not active.

Of course now How does one turn it on?

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (140.72 KiB) Viewed 76 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Finally 2 days later no help from steam help, but friends and I can post

Thks guys
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
vebyw

Post by vebyw »

There's also a price thread on WitE Steam forum that is bewildering. Seems to be more "no way in hell I'll pay this price" rather than "is this value for money"?
danlongman

Post by danlongman »

Steam has many good features but customer service is NOT one of them. The review comments
can be helpful or very confusing. I personally prefer to purchase Matrix products here and get a
Steam code. Matrix customer service has always been first rate and Steam customer service is not
even deserving of the name. Your mileage may vary but this is my experience.
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
heliodorus04

Post by heliodorus04 »

I've purchased a number of great games on Steam, and I have never had a problem with a game functionality or community interaction.
I think most people around here can attest that I am a gifted kind of idiot.
Steam has done some great things for gamers, most directly: lower the cost of games and increase the variety of games available.
Fall 2021-Playing: Stalingrad'42 (GMT); Advanced Squad Leader,
Reading: Masters of the Air (GREAT BOOK!)
Rulebooks: ASL (always ASL), Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game
Painting: WHFB Lizardmen leaders
Freyr Oakenshield

ORIGINAL: Pelton

Finally 2 days later no help from steam help, but friends and I can post

Thks guys

Don't contact Steam support but as a last resort. People wait for weeks before they answer and sometimes they don't answer at all... I don't think it's disregard for customers, but by all accounts the support team is not very big and there are literally millions of Steam users sending queries...

ORIGINAL: Pelton

I paided the cash but still can not post because Steam Guard is not active.

Of course now How does one turn it on?

I hope this helps:

Attachments
sg.jpg
sg.jpg (92.58 KiB) Viewed 75 times
Freyr Oakenshield

This might also help:

Attachments
sg2.jpg
sg2.jpg (68.45 KiB) Viewed 75 times
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: danlongman

Steam has many good features but customer service is NOT one of them. The review comments
can be helpful or very confusing. I personally prefer to purchase Matrix products here and get a
Steam code. Matrix customer service has always been first rate and Steam customer service is not
even deserving of the name. Your mileage may vary but this is my experience.

I'd agree completely with this. Essentially I'd rather pay money direct to the manufacturer (or as near as possible) so I buy Matrix and AGEOD games from them.

Not least I really appreciate all the post-release support, not just in patches but in answering technical queries.

I use Steam, and GamersGate, for convenience. They are good ways to buy some games, but I'd never ever expect customer support from Steam ... life is too short.
RealChuckB

Post by RealChuckB »

Agree with the overall positive feedback regarding Steam - it has basically become my one and only gaming platform (everything else is Matrix Games and Battlefront and to the extend games from Matrix come to Steam and tend to move them there).
I do not have any experience with the support but I'm a Steam customer since at least 2006 and own 350+ games on Steam (yes, this is scary and a bit embarrassing [X(] ) so I think that also says something how well Steam works for me.

Some advantages from my perspective:
No CDs: Remember how annoying it was to deal with CDs ... both with install, then the need to switch them when you wanted to play?
Patching: Steam keeps games updated automatically (not great if you like to tinker with some core files but for most people, this is great)
Download: I get great download speeds from Steam (granted, my internet connection is pretty good) - recently downloaded games @ 9.5Mbps
Multiple computers and platforms: I travel a lot internationally and have basically three gaming systems, one in the US, one in Europe and a mobile on. This is no problem with Steam, games are on all systems, no need to carry around CDs, no number of licenses restrictions. Also, if you buy the game, you normally get the PC, Mac, Linux version automatically
Cloud save: Since I travel a lot, the Steam cloud saving functionality is great for me. Most new games on Steam support it these days and it automatically puts your saves into the cloud and automatically syncs with all your machines. In the past I had to find the saves, put them on a stick, take it with me ... and often forgot to save before I leave somewhere
Price: Steam sales are pretty good for getting games cheap, A LOT of games are reduced by up to 80% (they do a big Summer and a big Winter sale); in addition, there are daily sales of a game, mid-week and weekend sales.
Mods: The Steam "Workshop" has some basic but generally good modding capability. For many games (such as Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Civilization V, the Total War games) you simply select a mod on the website and it automatically gets downloaded and added to your game - easy!
Backup: Not many people know this but backing up (and restoring) games on Steam is very easy. It has a built-in backup functionality (which I have never tried) or you can simply save the whole game folder within Steam and then delete the game from your system through the Steam client. For restoring, you simply put the saved folder back into the Steam directory and click "download" and Steam will find and recognize the files, verify them and the game is available within seconds (plus the time to copy the files, of course but it saves you from downloading again)
Multiplayer: Steam has a "friends" list with chat (both text & voice) and for games that are Steam-enabled, it's extremely easy to set up MP sessions
Broadcasting: This is a really cool new feature - you can invite friends to "broadcasts" of your games (video & audio). This is used, of course, for Twitch and the like but I and friends have used it to explain game concepts, simply play together "offline" (great for wargames where you discuss strategy) and we use it to watch whole missions of flight sims and critique procedures, such as landings.

Wow, this has become much longer than I thought ... [:D]

No affiliation with Steam, just a happy customer.
Dorb

Post by Dorb »

I love being able to play my games on all 3 or our PCs and always up to date.
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
… Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

while steam isn't everyone cup of tea, it does do some thing very well, while support isn't a good as here, it's better than most gaming developers so it's good to have choice, and the more that get games like WITE and west for that matter the better for us all imo
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”