Midget Subs

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Coach Zuck

Midget Subs

Post by Coach Zuck »

I asked this 5 or 6 months ago and got no answers.

Can someone ANYONE explain why I am not producing any midget subs.
When I look on the SHIP AVAILABILITY screen there is no listing of midget subs (SSX),
on the TRACKER they are all listed as HALTED

Very Confused
Lokasenna

RE: Midget Subs

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Coach Zuck

I asked this 5 or 6 months ago and got no answers.

Can someone ANYONE explain why I am not producing any midget subs.
When I look on the SHIP AVAILABILITY screen there is no listing of midget subs (SSX),
on the TRACKER they are all listed as HALTED

Very Confused

I'm pretty sure that all of those listed as "Halted" are those that are in your pools. Mine are halted in Tracker also, but I know they're producing.

You don't have to pay to build midget subs. They just appear in your pools, like PT boats and MTBs and such. They cost you nothing but the VPs when they die miserable deaths.

Go to the Ship Availability screen and look at the bottom. It will tell you how many you have in the pools, and how many are delayed arrival to the pools (because you returned them to pools from a port).

Are you sure nobody answered this 6 months ago when you asked?
Lowpe

Post by Lowpe »

Depending upon game time, and circumstances, you could have exhausted your original midgets and not get any until the later models come on stream.

A Picture of your ship availability screen might help.
Coach Zuck

Post by Coach Zuck »

Ok I see on the bottom I have none in my pool I guess I have to disband some to get them back in to the pool and move'em forward!

Thanks! [&o]

(And no, no one answered this 5 or 6 months ago)
spence

Post by spence »

You don't have to pay to build midget subs. They just appear in your pools, like PT boats and MTBs and such.

Just out of curiosity, why does Japan get to produce anything "for free". Given the freedom to produce anything it would seem that they need to actually produce things. Or is this just another "if you want to repeat history why play the game" thing so we'll entertain any Japanese wet dream as not just possible but likely to enhance "balance".
Coach Zuck

Post by Coach Zuck »

ORIGINAL: spence
You don't have to pay to build midget subs. They just appear in your pools, like PT boats and MTBs and such.

Just out of curiosity, why does Japan get to produce anything "for free". Given the freedom to produce anything it would seem that they need to actually produce things. Or is this just another "if you want to repeat history why play the game" thing so we'll entertain any Japanese wet dream as not just possible but likely to enhance "balance".

A little harsh?

FYI The Allied player gets PT Boats for free. Because if I could get Midget Subs for free I wouldn't have started this thread.
nikoslejeune

Post by nikoslejeune »

So ok midget subs are free in that you dont spend HI or that industry is involved BUT to make them
appear you will have to spend supplies. Afaik a midget costs 100 suplies.

Nick
Amoral

Post by Amoral »

Japan starts with an initial pool of about 26 SSX (mini subs)
They can deploy these from the pool in groups of 5 for 500 supplies, and can return them to the pool to be deployed elsewhere.
Japan can produce more SSX for the pool, but the first new one does not start building until later in the war.

Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: spence

This is what I meant by "for free":
ORIGINAL: nikoslejeune

So ok midget subs are free in that you dont spend HI or that industry is involved BUT to make them
appear you will have to spend supplies. Afaik a midget costs 100 suplies.

Nick

It doesn't cost shipyard points like other subs do. It does cost supplies.

The anti-Japan comments by a few posters here get really out there sometimes. Always bringing up stuff like "wet dreams" blah blah blah. I don't get it, but I also don't play this game to reenact history so maybe that's the problem.
spence

Post by spence »

OK - There's no such thing as a "free lunch". Supply point expenditure is adequate. They do have to expend industry etc to create supply.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”