Supply-question

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

TeaLeaf

Supply-question

Post by TeaLeaf »

The Situation:
The Japanese Imperial Guard Marines were disorganized on Umboi (island directly between New Britain and the Territory of New Guinea).
During the RTB phase (E3), all Japanese ships left the sea area, leaving the Guards isolated, but apparently the Guards were reorganised during the Final Reorg phase (E4) nonetheless. Limited Overseas Supply and Isolated supply limit options are in effect, so shouldn't they stay disorganised?

See attached save for the complete situation.
Attachments
Guard.zip
(1.5 MiB) Not downloaded yet
joshuamnave

RE: Supply-question

Post by joshuamnave »

No. Units will reorg even if they are out of supply. They do remain out of supply, however.

There is an optional rule that prevents isolated units from reorganizing, but that rule has not been coded. Note that not every out of supply unit is isolated (although the unit in your example is).
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

Thanks for the answer zartaclA [:)].
I thought this rule was already coded as on several occasions in my current game, isolated units were never reorganized (particularly axis units in North Africa).
joshuamnave

Post by joshuamnave »

ORIGINAL: TeaLeaf

I thought this rule was already coded as on several occasions in my current game, isolated units were never reorganized (particularly axis units in North Africa).

I'm sure someone will be along shortly asking for a save game for that. I also play with limited overseas supply and tend to run a fairly active Italian guerrilla campaign in Africa with perpetually out of supply units. They always reorganize at the end of the turn. Are you sure you're not confusing the yellow out of supply dot with the orange disorganized dot?
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

Yes I am sure. There has been quite a few Italian land and air units trapped in North Africa because they were active there and became disorganized. Then the CW sailed into the Eastern Med and conducted a series of port attacks (Oh lovely Sunderlands), killing all Italian CONVs and all but one of their TRSs.
The Italian land and air units that crossed the border into Egypt never reorganised: they were permanently carrying those yellow AND orange/light brown indicators.

Only the TERRs ever reorged (but remained OOS), and that's because they have a primary supply source in Africa that they can reach by a 'basic supply path of any length'.
I remember thinking very hard about if/when to use the Italian HQ in North Africa for Emergency Supply, because this could seriously increase the combat value of defenders for 1 battle, but then the HQ itself would also be permanently disorged. In the end it didn't matter because the CW patiently ground struck the HQ 1nce every turn with the Hampden until successfull... When that was done, the CW offensive started but yes, all that time all Italians proudly wore the yellow and orange OOS and DG indicators ;-).
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

Edited the OP to rephrase the question. It should be clear that both related optional rules are in effect.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: TeaLeaf

Most likely they were oil dependent units. Since a disrupted and isolated oil dependent unit cannot trace to oil, it will not reorganize.
Paul
TeaLeaf

Post by TeaLeaf »

That... is it, actually. Yes! Good to know then, that the isolated supply limits are not working yet. But I'll continue playing as if it works ;-). For as much as possible, ofc.

Return to “Tech Support”