Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on Steam and Twitch! Also 1.08.04 update released.

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Daniele

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on Steam and Twitch! Also 1.08.04 update released.

Post by Daniele »

A wreck of a T- 34 is burning just outside the village. The crew was taken by surprise by the German armoured vanguard. Only few months have passed since the beginning of the invasion of the Motherland and nothing seems able to stand against the powerful advancing panzerdivisionen.

Nevertheless the Germans have underestimated the iron will of Ivan and soon they begin to face more and more resistance. No bunker can be taken until the last defender is dead, every forest can hide an insidious trap, and the Russian steppes seem to be endless.

This will be a long and cruel war...

“Here they found real war, but they were not ready for it. They were used to easy victories.” (Georgy Zhukov - Soviet military commander)

Originally released in 2010, Gary Grigsby’s War in the East, the most detailed computer wargame ever created about the Eastern Front of World War 2, has benefited from five years of ongoing and regular support since release, with many major updates following one after the other, including the v1.08.04 update just released today. Along with the release of several very ambitious updates which have expanded gameplay and increased realism and historical depth, there have also been two expansions. Today, War in the East – one of the 50 Best Strategy Games Ever Made according to Rock Paper Shotgun – is starting a new grand campaign with its official release on Steam. Its two expansions Don to the Danube and Lost Battles are also available on the digital platform now as part of the combined package.

With this new release players have a new chance to dive into this conflict thanks to the accessible gameplay, the perfectly represented chain of command and order of battle and engage the enemy in massive, dramatic campaigns, including intense battles involving thousands of units with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is a truly epic representation of the scope and sweep of the Second World War on the Eastern Front and is unparalleled in its scale, detail, and ambition!

In order to celebrate this important milestone, we are discounting the game and the Deluxe Edition (base game + expansions) during the week of the launch:

• Base game $79.99, with launch discount of 30% moving it to $55.99
• Package price $89.99 with launch discount of 30% moving it to $62.99

Grab the game here!

Watch the Stream of the game today at 20:00 CEST / 18:00 UTC / 2:00 PM EDT on our official Twitch Channel!

We are also going to offer a free Steam key to anyone who bought a copy from the Matrix Games or Slitherine store, once the game is available on this digital platform!
IslandInland

RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on Steam and gets a Twitch Stream!

Post by IslandInland »

If I buy it from Matrix now will I get a Steam key?
War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
Erik Rutins

RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on Steam and gets a Twitch Stream!

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yes, any direct purchases for our games that are also on Steam are eligible to retrieve a free Steam key at any time after purchase.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Yes, any direct purchases for our games that are also on Steam are eligible to retrieve a free Steam key at any time after purchase.

Regards,

- Erik

Thanks for the prompt reply. I would really like a DRM free version and a Steam version but I've just noticed the Deluxe Package deal on Steam. With the extra expansions that's a steal.

It's a shame there isn't a similar offer here on the Matrix site.

XXXCorps
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

Jesus didn't see this coming[&o][&o][&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
budd

Post by budd »

No deluxe package at matrix?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

I just looked, and in the store when you go to buy the WitE game, the expansions are offered at the lower price so it adds up to the same as the deluxe bundle if you buy them all at once.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
KenchiSulla

Post by KenchiSulla »

Hi team,

How can I get the steamkey now? I bought WitE in 2010...

Fodder
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
TargAK

Post by TargAK »

Good news and a steam key to boot!
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

great twitch feed and play done by Erik, another long and epic one mind you :) but done very very well

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (477.53 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Indeed the Deluxe Package is available through our store as well, but you have to add the base game to your shopping cart to see the discount offer for the expansions.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

Thanks, Joel and Erik. The Deluxe package is available through the Matrix store and is slightly cheaper than Steam. [:)]

I assume I will receive Steam keys for the expansions also?

XXXCorps
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

and zoomed in for counter shot for none players like myself, mentioned it on the feed :)

Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (489.47 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

What is a steam key?
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yes, you can get a Steam key for both the base game and the expansions. Anything we release on Steam, customers who purchase (or have purchased) the same product direct from us also get a free Steam key. Pelton, it allows you to activate the game on Steam (a digital game distribution platform/online store) for those that like to have their games there.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Yes, you can get a Steam key for both the base game and the expansions.
Anything we release on Steam, customers who purchase (or have purchased)
the same product direct from us also get a free Steam key.
Pelton, it allows you to activate the game on Steam (a digital game distribution platform/online store)
for those that like to have their games there.

Regards,

- Erik

So I get one or have to buy another game?

All the kiddys lov steam so future good move.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

and zoomed in for counter shot for none players like myself, mentioned it on the feed :)

And what counter mod are we seeing in the pic above?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Pelton
So I get one or have to buy another game?
All the kiddys lov steam so future good move.

Anyone who has already purchased WITE or purchases it in the future can get a free Steam key from us. [8D]

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
heliodorus04

Post by heliodorus04 »

HOW do I get the free Steam key from you
I want my hours of gameplay logged. I want my addiction known!
[8D]
(I may need help)
Fall 2021-Playing: Stalingrad'42 (GMT); Advanced Squad Leader,
Reading: Masters of the Air (GREAT BOOK!)
Rulebooks: ASL (always ASL), Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game
Painting: WHFB Lizardmen leaders
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

Thanks for the help. I bought the Deluxe Package from Matrix and got my Steam keys from the Slitherine site.

Great Deal. [:)]

How to get a Steam key if you already own the game:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/370540/di ... 637969885/

XXXCorps

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”