Can't start a new game

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

Bradley62

Can't start a new game

Post by Bradley62 »

My saved games will load. Under new game there are no scenarios showing under Available Scenarios. I started from scratch uninstalled the game reinstalled it and all the patches in order up to 3.4. The game is showing 3.4 installed. When I click HQ it will show all the scenarios but when i click on one it takes back to a blank slate again. The only playable option is to play a saved game?

EDIT: After going through more scenario folders the game will load many of the scenarios. Some such as Okinawa will not load unless you click WWII Asia. Appears the game will not load many of the subfolders or individual battles.
sPzAbt653

RE: Can't start a new game

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Hi Brad. I'm trying to follow what you are describing but I can't get the same results you are. Rest assured that it works, it must be that there is something wrong there but I can't guess as to what. Perhaps a screen shot might help ?
Cmdr_Vessery

Post by Cmdr_Vessery »

For starters, you probably didn't need to uninstall everything and re-install. I took the patch and did the update right on top of the previous game version 3.4 and to upgraded everything to 3.4.1.9. Course, I have to go back through and tweak the settings to my liking, but otherwise the patch is able to work straight on top of your 3.4 game.

Does your game info show the version, 3.4.1.9?

-Vess

Attachments
game version 3.4.1.9.jpg
game version 3.4.1.9.jpg (63.2 KiB) Viewed 140 times
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I have to go back through and tweak the settings to my liking

Grr ... we can instantaneously send a selfy to North Guam, but we can't retain our personal TOAW settings. [:@]
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Bradley62

My saved games will load. Under new game there are no scenarios showing under Available Scenarios. I started from scratch uninstalled the game reinstalled it and all the patches in order up to 3.4. The game is showing 3.4 installed. When I click HQ it will show all the scenarios but when i click on one it takes back to a blank slate again. The only playable option is to play a saved game?

EDIT: After going through more scenario folders the game will load many of the scenarios. Some such as Okinawa will not load unless you click WWII Asia. Appears the game will not load many of the subfolders or individual battles.
Under what version did you save the game? That info would help.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Cmdr_Vessery

Post by Cmdr_Vessery »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653
I have to go back through and tweak the settings to my liking

Grr ... we can instantaneously send a selfy to North Guam, but we can't retain our personal TOAW settings. [:@]

lol.... right?

Return to “TOAW III Support”