Pirate Faction Gameplay (Video Series) -Updated August 28th, 2015-

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

UnitedFreelancers

Pirate Faction Gameplay (Video Series) -Updated August 28th, 2015-

Post by UnitedFreelancers »

I did this a long time ago with the pirate faction and it got amazing activity because not many people actually did video content on the pirate faction. I decided to come back and start over in hopes of dominating the world once again!

[center]I will be playing the space pirate faction
in attempt to go as far as possible to dominating the universe!
My 2nd attempt is blue on the thumbnail and better in general
so feel free to skip to that one if you don't like stupid mistakes![/center]

[center]First episode in the series is found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfMsC6t ... CYJk28QiBx[/center]

[center]Latest pirate video will be updated here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNcgP9h-I_k[/center]
UnitedFreelancers

RE: Pirate Faction Video Series (Veridio's Adventure In Distant Worlds Universe)

Episode 2 is out now! I finally find many others to prey on with my pirate faction!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAAgwBolKhk
Blabsawaw22

RE: Pirate Faction Video Series (Veridio's Adventure In Distant Worlds Universe)

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

can you make some more pirate videos? i'm on a pirate kick right now.. but i've just been running into all the glitches and bad programming and problems of the pirates!

like the AI only wants to put space ports where it wants.. and you have massive problems with corruption and there is no point to have hidden pirate bases late game and all that..
UnitedFreelancers

Next video will be pirates, so the timing was right.
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

good, if you can show how you deal with resources and building a new space port somewhere else and seeing if your frieghters actually start really delivering everything to it.. and also when you accept smuggling missions if they actually try to do them late game.. mine seem to never even try to go to them after I accept them.. it might be they are too queued up in missions already maybe.. but I see freighters just sitting around too!

anyway looking forward to the video!

*Edit, oh and I love you showed how the only way to make money in Pirate play is to sell off technology or special locations.. and that's the only way! haha
UnitedFreelancers

Resources are hard to get in general for a pirate. It's best to raid independent colonies for resources at the start and expand mining stations through building/capturing later on. I remember having trouble with it as well so it's not an easy fix. I'll be sure to keep an eye on the cargo when smuggling in the mid-late game. Trading research feels like the only real way to make good money. The best way to start is finding factions and get protection money to stop the bleeding until you can secure more stuff.
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

Ok well i'm enjoying the videos..

but where did you get the idea you should put spaceports on every planet? and just to build more ships?

whats wrong with 1 spaceport collecting all the resources and then putting 30 construction yards on it and letting it rip?

of course as you get much bigger you will have more than 1 spaceport.. but having 17 spaceports will cause your freighters and resources to be shuffled around a ton.. and causing less of your freighters to do the smuggling missions your accepting... right?

UnitedFreelancers

I do agree, it was a bit of a mistake to build so many. I might revert the save if I can and pick around 2 spots to build. I'm at the point where I'm just not strong enough so I got reckless.
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

Dont take this in a negative way

After watching all your videos I've come to the conclusion you really don't know how to play pirates do you ? haha..

I heard you say sooo many times "that's weird" and "i dont know why this is.." haha..

but yes you actually do know why.. or you should.. You are playing on semi-auto and the AI is doing a lot of things and you haven't gone through the Policy menu and set not to build spaceport distance and millions of other settings in there!

also you can change names of planets and Anything in the game.. it's on the bottom right! look for the name where you can click it and rename it to anything! haha

and there is so much more that I'm not sure why you don't know about this game.. ha

but hey, it's all good. I still enjoyed watching another person deal with most of the problems with Pirate Play!

UnitedFreelancers

It's true, I came back from a very long break. I also have no interest in about half of the game mechanics so I leave them on auto and suggest, but I did go into policies to change some things around, it just happened off-screen. I'll fix the ports for next episode but I'm planning on playing with the same options I currently have. No point in going all manual if I hate playing it that way.
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

Funny thing is I learned just a couple of things I forgot to do by watching your videos..

I never thought to build a ton of mining and gas mining ships.. I think I will do that now..

I also will build all my freighters with just fuel and no shields or armor or anything but speed because they just need to be cheap and transfer resources.. they don't fight and dont need to be protected..

occasionally freighters get attacked but only when they go into a war zone.. and how often is that??

there is more but its for me to know etc.

so thanks for that ha..

anyway I'm still gonna watch your next videos and see where you go with it..

but I love how you still show the only way to make money is by tech trading/selling your secret locations etc.. haha

UnitedFreelancers

I'm not good with secrets in this game :D. I also found out that later on it's pointless to retrofit civilian ships with high-end warps as it's expensive on your gas intake, causing shortages apparently. I'm not sure how bad that becomes but I'm trying to do that now so I don't turn immobile. I would also love tips or tricks to make my life easier, that stuff it still awesome to know!
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

alright maybe I'll throw the ones I see you not doing, after I watch your next videos..

I will say though, if you don't like playing manual, which I totally understand, this game gets too big, then many of my tips are things that you would have to manually do.. designs,fleets, settings even in your options.. ha

so anyway, I'll just watch your videos and see the AI take all your stuff away from you haha..

I'm pretty sure its just a matter of time before war breaks out directly on you for being in the territory of the other empires which it looks like your totally in now..
UnitedFreelancers

Actually the only automated stuff is intelligence and Fleets. There's only a couple suggestions and the rest is manual. It's really not that bad.

I'm totally in the XHuman base. She's also "Way of Darkness" so I'm trying to keep her happy.
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

hurry up with the next video haha.. i want to see you get over-run by the AI haha it looks like you are not building up enough in my "opinion" but lets see haha..
[:D]
I wanna see a video. [:D]
UnitedFreelancers

Next one is tomorrow, got family visiting so it's hard to get recording done when they want to see D.C.
UnitedFreelancers

I'm sure I can get it out by 12-1 AM like I usually do.
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

come on.. I am on vacation and need something fun to watch haha..

i understand, but make 2 then while doing it.. Then I can watch 2 for the price of one! haha

Hope the family is enjoying D.C.
UnitedFreelancers

Won't be out tonight as I technically lost. Lost my ports and no resources to continue. I simply don't have time to go back and do all that again since I did 50 minutes of content so I'll try again tomorrow. Just don't have time.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”