Interesting news

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

TJD

Interesting news

Post by TJD »

Matrix tweeted this a couple of hours ago. The link just leads to the old product page, however, no new information.

Skeleton

RE: Interesting news

Post by Skeleton »

The patch is here as is news of the next incarnation of TOAW! Great stuff, I was beginning to lose all hope.
*Formerly known as Marcus the Leper, time has taken a toll and now I am simply a skeleton...*
fogger

Post by fogger »

I just started downloading patch 3.4.1.9. 16 mins left and I was out by 3 days on my forecast of the release date
Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: fogger
I just started downloading patch 3.4.1.9. 16 mins left and I was out by 3 days on my forecast of the release date
You were accurate on the release date by 3 days? I'm impressed. All I knew was July sometime. You've got better moles
than I do.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Hyding

Post by Hyding »

:(
shunwick

It's TOAW Tuesday!

Post by shunwick »

Bloody hell. It has been so long I almost forgot how to install the classic graphics.

TOAW Tuesday is with us once more!

Best wishes,
Steve

PS. Please note:- The four 3xBb scenarios, 1914 by Rob Kunz, Ardennes 1944 by Rob Kunz, ArdennesBeta by Rob Kunz, and COUP D'ETAT! by Mark Stevens are not recognized by the new v3.4.1.9 patch.

However, they can be converted to v3.4 by using Martin Goliath's excellent TOAW Scenario Converter.
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Narses
So um.........are you the guy who downloaded and then installed "indirectly" instead of using the loader? Um.....there's new graphics
files and *.ini entries, etc. so I would highly recommend using the installer if there is one. I haven't downloaded it myself so I don't
know what's in the package for sure. Sorry you're having trouble. Maybe Bob can help. I haven't stumped him yet.

EDIT: Maybe you should post your symptoms in the "help wanted" section.

If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
Hyding

Post by Hyding »

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
ORIGINAL: Narses
So um.........are you the guy who downloaded and then installed "indirectly" instead of using the loader? Um.....there's new graphics
files and *.ini entries, etc. so I would highly recommend using the installer if there is one. I haven't downloaded it myself so I don't
know what's in the package for sure. Sorry you're having trouble. Maybe Bob can help. I haven't stumped him yet.

EDIT: Maybe you should post your symptoms in the "help wanted" section.

Actually no. I'll post symptoms if I still have problems after I have a chance to attempt more downloads and trouble shoot.
r6kunz

Post by r6kunz »

Fantastic! Thanks to all who have contributed their blood, sweat, and tears....
Avatar image was taken in hex 87,159 Vol 11 of
Vietnam Combat Operations by Stéphane MOUTIN LUYAT aka Boonierat.
r6kunz

RE: It's TOAW Tuesday!

Post by r6kunz »

However, they can be converted to v3.4 by using Martin Goliath's excellent TOAW Scenario Converter.
I was not allowed to access this converter at Game Squad. Something about permission. Can someone post a dropbox link?

Thanks
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

r6kunz

Post by r6kunz »

Many thanks for that great link.[&o] A lifesaver!

For the past year I have been using 3xBb to design, mod, test and save various scenarios. (Ardennes 1944, Guns of August 1914, Korea 2013, and Red Thunder II 1988). Finding out too late that they were not compatible with the new build....

I went back and completely redid a couple including Red Thunder II which was included with this build, but was not able to finish and test the others in time for the new build.

I have now converted them and they are compatible with 3.4.1.9! Works like a charm, and I will post links to the scenarios in the near future.

Thanks again,
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

Kunz: No, thank you for all the work you put in your scenarios. I don't have dropbox so have to use that server, link will no longer work in a couple of days, so hurry [:)]
Remember that for downloading files in the game squad page you have to be logged in.

fogger

Post by fogger »

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
ORIGINAL: fogger
You were accurate on the release date by 3 days? I'm impressed. All I knew was July sometime. You've got better moles
than I do.

Hi Larry
No moles just plain intl. Over the past 6 months there have been a number of hints that we were getting close to a release. Then a couple of people who I though were on the development team went quiet on the Forum so I put 2 and 2 together. I assumed that Matrix would release on a USA public holiday and the only one that I was a ware coming up was the 4th July. I am not sure why it was released on 7 July in view of what happened in England on that date the year before.

But then with the meds that I am currently on I could be off the planet and all was a luckily guess
Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”