OT: Reading and Listening resources when not playing

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

roeddog

OT: Reading and Listening resources when not playing

Post by roeddog »

Hi all,
Most of you are probably aware of these two sites since you play MWiF still, I thought I'd throw them up just in case.
The first is a series of downloadable PDF books on the U.S. Army in WWII. There are 12 major sections and each section has from one to multiple books/chapters under them covering most aspects of the U.S. Army. For example under the section titled The Army Ground Forces are the books The Organization of Ground Combat Troops
and The Procurement and Training of Ground Combat Troops.
Admittedly, some of it is pretty dry reading however, it is quite informative. I'm not sure of its value in scenario design or creation for MWiF (or any other game for that matter) as I am not a designer/creator, just a consumer of you guys awesome creations. Here is the LINK for the books

The second resource I have posted on a few times in the past. It is a whole library of U.S news reports covering the entire war years from 1939 through 1945/6. Link is HERE . There are also several other WWII era recordings like Words at War a series that adapted war time books into audio for the folks on the homefront.
Enjoy
JeffR

CrusssDaddy

RE: OT: Reading and Listening resources when not playing

Post by CrusssDaddy »

Those radio reports are great, thanks.
bo

Post by bo »

Thank you for that post roeddog, really enjoying the broadcasts. Errrr how are we doing with a certain flag down there in old SC? [:(]

Bo
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Better not reply to that question lol. A thread got locked on the WitP AE site that started on that topic.

Modern political topics are against forum rules here which Matrix considers this topic to be [:(]
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

We've had two threads that touched on this in the General Discussion forum closed too.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815

Return to “World in Flames”