Force a fight in the sandbox campaign

Forum dedicated to the Scourge of War Game set during the Napoleonic Wars. Scourge of War: Waterloo follows in the footsteps of its American Civil War predecessors and takes the action to one of the most famous battles in history. It is by far the most detailed game about the final battle of the War of the Seventh Coalition.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

jardail

Force a fight in the sandbox campaign

Post by jardail »

A question.

I have now chased a brigade of infantry backed by artillery across half of belgium trying to get them to stand and fight. IS there a means of making them stand and fight, or is retreat automatic if the commander decides to retreat?

Seems to me that a French Corps of infantry/cavalry/artillery would not have alot of trouble cutting off a retreating column of infantry and forcing them to defend themselves. Especially since the cavalry can obviously outrun the infantry and block their escape when there's no enemy cavalry to keep them from doing so.

Or is this beyond the scope of the sandbox campaign?
Rosseau

RE: Force a fight in the sandbox campaign

Post by Rosseau »

I've had some "wack a mole" experiences" so I just end the game with a victory. However, if it is a draw that would be an issue.
jardail

Post by jardail »

lol whack a mole is a good description of this.
mitra76

Post by mitra76 »

The distance between the two force make the difference; if too near the retreating force can be forced to fight, so it is more probable during meeting engagement between forces in movement one against the other or force in retreat from another battle, that for troops waiting in defence.
Visit my wargame blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/

Return to “Scourge of War: Waterloo”