Some Questions on Mods

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

kennonlightfoot

Some Questions on Mods

Post by kennonlightfoot »

Is there a ceiling on Quality/Morale?

It looked like it accepted values as high as 5.0 although the Graph plot couldn't show these values.
I tried entering some 6's. The game didn't display any errors but it didn't look like they were being used.
Kennon
Gil R.

RE: Some Questions on Mods

Post by Gil R. »

I don't know if there's a ceiling, but the game was certainly designed to have 5.0 units, and I'm pretty sure that goes higher. Of course, in the early battles covered by BAB so far no units qualified as 5.0, but from this point onward that will no longer be the case as BAB gets deeper into 1862, so you're right that it would be good to know this. Thus I've let Eric know to chime in.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
kennonlightfoot

I was able to assign 5.0 to regiments in my 2nd Manassas Mode but it looked like it had problems when I set a few regiments to 6.0 to see what happened. Problems were hard to pin down since it looked like the regiments were displayed with the 6 value but things using the values had some random like results. Most obvious problem was the graph showing morale over time. It doesn't rescale so it can show values above 4. It also went negative when regiments with 6's were added.
Kennon
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Values less than 10 should be alright. I'm guessing the way things are calibrated now, by the time of Gettysburg many units will have qualities of 6 or 7. The graph should be calibrated relatively -- meaning the highest quality/morale should be shown at the top of the graph -- but you seem to be saying this isn't working, so maybe it's not. Did you set morale levels higher than quality levels?
kennonlightfoot

No, just set the two on about four regiments to six. Right now the scenario has most of the Rebel army set to 5. This results in an average Morale of 3.37 for the Union and 4.78 for the Rebels. When you press the "History Graph" button then select "Morale" to be displayed you get a graph that shows a line for the USA at 3.37 but no line for CSA. Counting grid lines indicates the default graph can't display a Morale above 4.1 which probably means the graph has a fixed display size.
Kennon
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Would you mind sending me the scenario - just zip it all up and email to ericbabe@west-civ.com - and I'll take a look at the morale history.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”