Brigade Order - Advance

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

genehaynes

Brigade Order - Advance

Post by genehaynes »

According to the chart on page 40 of the manual, Brigade Order Advance should result in:
1. NO CHANGE to the combat value when you're attacking (Combat damage % =100%).
2. SUBTRACT 25% when defending (Combat Defense % = 75%).

However, I noticed when examining the detailed combat results that the REVERSE is true. When you attack with a unit with an Advance Brigade order, 25% is SUBTRACTED from the combat value.When you're defending there's NO CHANGE to the combat total.

I tested the other Brigade Orders and they apply the appropriate attack / defense modifications. For example, a unit with HOLD Brigade orders adds 25% to its combat value when attacking and DOES NOT modify the combat value when defending. The other Brigade Orders apply combat modifications as stated in the table.

Am I missing something?
Gil R.

RE: Brigade Order - Advance

Post by Gil R. »

Another question that needs to be answered by Eric. I'll make sure that he sees your question.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
genehaynes

Post by genehaynes »

Thanks Gil. I think this a major malfunction. I use the Advance order A LOT. I was hoping someone else would check my finding. I should mention that it does the same thing when the AI uses the Advance order. So it's broke for both sides. Again, thanks for your help in resolving this issue.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

The behavior and the tool-tip for the advance order are correct. Units ought to be doing 25% less damage and taking normal damage in combat. If this is not what the manual says, then there is an error in the table in the manual.
genehaynes

Post by genehaynes »

Eric, thanks for the explanation. The manual has it backwards.

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”