[FIXED v1.10] Friendly Shooting Friendly TLAM's with AAM

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

AdmiralSteve

[FIXED v1.10] Friendly Shooting Friendly TLAM's with AAM

Post by AdmiralSteve »

I've mentioned this before and the reply didn't seem practical so I wanted to submit this again for any additional feedback.
With two sides friendly to each other, one side launches TLAM's and the other side will engage and shoot-down the TLAM's. The offered solution was to change the sides engagement rules in the WRA tab by not allowing all air to air missiles to engage guided weapons.
In a sense this does work to keep the friendlies from engaging friendly weapons. However, I would imagine that this would cause problems with the sim auto-engaging hostile guided weapons. The enclosed ZIP has a saved scenario that has this problem and the timeline for the events is as follows;

0130Z TLAM's from the "NATO Naval Strike" side launch attack on Serbian bunkers.
0132Z Airborne or RTB aircraft from the "NATO" side begin to engage all TLAM's.
0135Z All "NATO Naval Strike" TLAM's are destroyed by "NATO" aircraft.

Any feedback would be welcome.

Thanks,
Steve
Attachments
FriendlyT..hootdown.zip
(205.67 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
“There are no extraordinary men...just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.”
Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. 1882-1959

mikmykWS

RE: Friendly Shooting Friendly TLAM's with AAM

Post by mikmykWS »

This is a good question in the sense that if there was no real way to communicate to allies real time positions they would typically clear the aerospace or as you mentioned don't fire at detected weapons . Problem in the game is you can't communicate the strike to ally or specifically what you'd like them to do unless you're ok with playing the editor (using LUA or WRA).

We're really busy right now but I'll add this as something we should take a look at. Its a valid concern. The fix might be to allow you to define a no navigate zone for allied sides.

Mike
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Ah and just to be up front. One of these days we've got to address the borg like behavior of the AI. To some extent we've addressed this abit with OODA, ROE and WRA but much more needs to be done. On the other side of this is the game must still be fun so we've got to implement something that addresses both.

Mike
AdmiralSteve

Post by AdmiralSteve »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Ah and just to be up front. One of these days we've got to address the borg like behavior of the AI. To some extent we've addressed this abit with OODA, ROE and WRA but much more needs to be done. On the other side of this is the game must still be fun so we've got to implement something that addresses both.

Mike
Call it borg or unrealistic or crazy, whatever the term, the inconsistencies are getting fixed. Your team should be proud. It's not my place to try to coach the developers what, when and how to fix problems nor should anyone else on the outside have that belief. I bought the product after following it for over a year and in my opinion, you've exceeded my expectations.

I hope that anyone playing CMANO has some sense of understanding that PC gaming, especially military strategy where there seem to be tens of thousands of platform and weapon combinations and getting them all to work as physically realistically as possible must be something close to brain surgery.

Concentrate on the 98% that love the game, listen to the 1% that have legitimate complaints and ignore the last 1% that would rather hear themselves talk. But I'm sure that you knew that.

Thanks for making my life hellishly fun.[:D]

Steve Raymond
“There are no extraordinary men...just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.”
Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. 1882-1959

rvseydlitz

Post by rvseydlitz »

I do not think the AI is bad at all, as AdmSteebe says above. Computer AI will never truly be a match for an unpredictable human in a wargame, but with LUA especially, and with a devious...er....skilled scenario designer, it can be devilishly difficult to win a scenario.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Fixed v1.10 [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

Return to “Tech Support”