/d command not working on steam version

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
Kanov

/d command not working on steam version

Post by Kanov »

So I just found out that /d command doesn't work on GtC from steam because the CCE.exe when executed brings up the autorun.exe which contains the menu from Matrix and then you have to click on the button "Play CC - Gateway to Caen" which nullifies any change you have made to the target of a shortcut.

In PitF from steam the CCE.exe just executes the game, autorun.exe is not invoked, thus the /d switch does works.

Can this be fixed please? for ease of modding.

Desired behavior: CCE.exe executes game and does not executes autorun.exe first.
Hard-core Spectre
Kanov

RE: /d command not working on steam version

Post by Kanov »

Ok I found a not so elegant solution:

-get rid of autorun.exe
-Rename CCE.exe to "autorun.exe"
-Go to library on steam client and Click RMB on your Close Combat: Gateway to Caen
-Select properties
-Click on set launch options...
-write /d NAMEOFMODFOLDERINSIDEYOURMAINGAMEDIRECTORY (in my case /d MyMod)
-Launch through steam client
-Enjoy your foldered mod!
Hard-core Spectre
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

A neat trick, thanks for posting that Kanov.

The way others have use /D for the Steam version is to create a shortcut and then just run the shortcut manually from outside Steam. As long as the Steam Client is running at the time, this should work fine.

Steve
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

There must be something wrong with my steam copy then because the CCE.exe executes the menu first. So every shortcut I make to CCE.EXE it executes the menu. That's why I had to get rid of autorun.exe

In Pitf from steam the shortcuts work ok for me.
Hard-core Spectre
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

You're saying that if you use Windows Explorer and go into your Steam install directory to \steamapps\common\Close Combat - Gateway to Caen\ and double click the file CCE.EXE it will launch the menu? That is odd.

Launching 'CCE.EXE' from Steam may do that ... I don't know how they have that setup under the hood. But it shouldn't happen from the operating system directory.

Steve
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

You're saying that if you use Windows Explorer and go into your Steam install directory to \steamapps\common\Close Combat - Gateway to Caen\ and double click the file CCE.EXE it will launch the menu? That is odd.

Launching 'CCE.EXE' from Steam may do that ... I don't know how they have that setup under the hood. But it shouldn't happen from the operating system directory.

Steve

Yes Steve, that is precisely the problem I have.

Panthers in the Fog's CCE.exe launches the actual game not the menu when double clicking it from the windows explorer

Gateway to Caen's CCE.EXE launches the matrix menu not the game when double clicking it from windows explorer. As I said, I managed to get around this by erasing autorun.exe and renaming CCE.exe to autorun.exe

Can any one else that bought GtC from steam confirm this behaviour? to discard is just me.
Hard-core Spectre

Return to “Tech Support”