Draw...

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

Jagdtiger14

Draw...

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

The AI in this game kinda sucks. Its not too bad as the Entente', but its not at all playable as the Central Powers.

Recently I completed a game with the AI as the Entente' set on priv. After completely conquering Belgium, Serbia, Greece (including Crete), Rumania, every hex of Russia, France (including Corsica), held Turin, Venice, and Milan in Italy, invasions landed in Sardinia, Algeria, and Tunisia, and the Ottomans in control of the Suez canal, Port Said, and the fort between them...at the end of 1918 the AI informed me that I accomplished a DRAW.

Now that really is a tough AI!!!
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
operating

RE: Draw...

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

The AI in this game kinda sucks. Its not too bad as the Entente', but its not at all playable as the Central Powers.

Recently I completed a game with the AI as the Entente' set on priv. After completely conquering Belgium, Serbia, Greece (including Crete), Rumania, every hex of Russia, France (including Corsica), held Turin, Venice, and Milan in Italy, invasions landed in Sardinia, Algeria, and Tunisia, and the Ottomans in control of the Suez canal, Port Said, and the fort between them...at the end of 1918 the AI informed me that I accomplished a DRAW.

Now that really is a tough AI!!!
Figuratively you did a good job, but not good enough for a Marginal Victory up to an Ultimate Victory for you did not meet the criteria at the Management screen (such as the one below). As far as I know subduing minor countries into surrender does not count towards final victory, but they do count towards CP NM% and perhaps increasing their MP. In a way I felt as though you should have gotten a minor victory cause: You have 6 management stars to Entente's 5 stars, so I guess the 1 star difference was a wash. Also would have to question how many countries besides France and England were you facing on the last turn? If you read my AAR Lauentsl vs operating (last 2 posts), I had similar victory conditions as you (maybe less for my side as CP), however CP ended up with a Marginal Victory. Perhaps in game data (kills/loses) had a bearing on victory conditions, not sure about that, but could be the case.

Attachments
ctgw_1435777107.jpg
ctgw_1435777107.jpg (338.45 KiB) Viewed 97 times
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest

Return to “Commander - The Great War”