Spooky Red Numbers

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Uxbridge

Spooky Red Numbers

Post by Uxbridge »

What are the red numbers in the Production Screen? I have been seraching the manual in vain for those. What I'm refering to is the red bracketed fugures with a minus sign in front, located to the right of the Units Column of Equipment. My best guess is that these should inform about a deficit in this article; i.e. that units in the field are in want of this number to be at top condition. But that doesn't seem to be the case. What are they?
RedLancer

RE: Spooky Red Numbers

Post by RedLancer »

That's my understanding - they show the shortfall in units - particularly useful for aircraft. Why do you think that it isn't the case?
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
Uxbridge

Post by Uxbridge »

Can't remember. I tried something, but the figures didn't comply with my test. Maybe I have to execute an entire turn for them to change. I will have Another go tonight.
Uxbridge

Post by Uxbridge »

It works. I didn't give it full attention, apparently.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”