Two Quick Questions

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

pzgndr

Two Quick Questions

Post by pzgndr »

1. Is there a setting to turn off the weather updates? I can see the weather status and don't need the pop ups.
2. Is there a way to combine two units of the same type; e.g., a surviving M2 Bradley with two other surviving Bradleys. I recall we can't, but just checking if it's possible.

Other than that, I've played EET a few more times over the past couple weeks and it's playing well. Yeah.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
cbelva

RE: Two Quick Questions

Post by cbelva »

Unfortunately no to both questions
Charles Belva
On Target Simulations LLC
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

ORIGINAL: pzgndr
Other than that, I've played EET a few more times over the past couple weeks and it's playing well. Yeah.

Have you not observed any strange movement delays on the Soviet side? We've played it with Jagger2002 and some of his units were refusing to move ( with good readiness and far from enemy units ).

Another strange thing we've noticed, is that after few turns the length of the US cycles is about 40 minutes each. That's pretty weird, since the Americans haven't lost any HQ.
Lest we forget.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

ORIGINAL: cbelva
Unfortunately no to both questions

OK thanks. I was hoping maybe I was missing something.
ORIGINAL: katukov
Have you not observed any strange movement delays on the Soviet side?
Another strange thing we've noticed, is that after few turns the length of the US cycles is about 40 minutes each.

With FOW on, I'm not noticing Soviet delays? I do notice US cycles at least running faster toward the end, but I attribute that to the Soviet attrition and fewer units moving.

I am playing some more now with 2.09 when I can. Looking forward to the rebalanced scenarios. At some point I want to poke at the editor and try some things.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”