Ok, how do I unrep my CV from an AOE

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

wild_Willie2

Ok, how do I unrep my CV from an AOE

Post by wild_Willie2 »

Hi there,

I have been trying to get my CV to replenish AA missiles from an AOE but cant get it to work.

I know that the AOE needs to be in a separate TF, but how do I get my CV to replenish?

I have tried selecting the CV and issue the UNREP command, but then it transfers fuel to other TF members and does not UNREP form the AOE. When I select the AOE and select UNREP, it goes and refuels the nearby ships but NOT my CV...

So could somebody please give me a step by step description how to accomplish this?

Thanks.

W.
In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.
Yokes

RE: Ok, how do I unrep my CV from an AOE

Post by Yokes »

Wild Willy2,

I got it to work in a test scenario that just had the carrier and the AOE as individual units. I didn't try it with units as part of groups. So maybe you have to detach both the CV and AOE from the group? I hope there is a more elegant solution.

Yokes
wild_Willie2

Post by wild_Willie2 »

Hmm, I just broke the game wile trying to UNREP. I posted a save game in the tech section...
In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.
AlanChan

Post by AlanChan »

I tried to group a AOE and several DDG, FFGs together and they do get UNREP correctly, I guess it would help if their stations are close enough. However, I find out that they launch SSMs immediately after UNREP. And the AOE can resupply at least two warships at same time! That is a little wired. Just feel like a Mickey mouse (One big circle and two small circles) is brusting out SSM and SAMs. However, I never tried to refill magazine for onbroad Helis.

Plus, How do I program AI controlled ships to auto UNREP when they run out of missiles?
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: AlanChan
However, I find out that they launch SSMs immediately after UNREP.
Are they on a relevant mission? Have they been ordered to attack something?
And the AOE can resupply at least two warships at same time!
That's possible in RL, if one receiver is on each side.
wild_Willie2

Post by wild_Willie2 »

I finally got unrep to work, you need to manually steer the AOE to within a few meters of your CV and give the unrep command to your CV. NO need to have them in separate TF's

Although the supplies that the CV takes on board is more of less random and limited to 96 item per unrep command.

W.

AlanChan

Post by AlanChan »

Yes,I sent them to attack an enemy ship, but their SSMs are not so effective, so I told them to UNREP before resuming attack. And yes, they UNREP on different sides, that is correct. But I think they launched SSMs while in formation with AOE, probably still transfering some other supplies, that is a bit off, I think.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”