Tips for Verifying that CPs Stay at Sea.

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

rkr1958

Tips for Verifying that CPs Stay at Sea.

Post by rkr1958 »

Over the 18-months since I've bought and been playing MWiF the issue of convoys returning to base "on their own" and throwing a monkey wrench into your production plans has greatly been reduced. In fact, I'd say it's almost been eliminated completely. Almost, but not completely. I experience on rare occasions a convoy unit, containing single or multiple CPs, that comes off sentry and threatens to mess up your convoy routes if not caught during the stay at sea phase. I thought I'd pass along a tip that I find very useful for identify when this happens and then for verifying that it's been corrected.
Ronnie
rkr1958

RE: Tips for Verifying that CPs Stay at Sea.

Post by rkr1958 »

I use the convoy screen on the production form. To get to this screen I open the production form, hit the "switch map" button at the bottom of the form, select the "Allied" radio button under convoys in the bottom right and then check "Show Unused convoys". I usually do this to see what excess CPs I have at sea. However, occasionally you'll see a negative number of unused CPs as shown in the East Coast (i.e., -4U). Sure enough, when I go to the East Coast Sea area on the map I find that a convoy unit composed of 4 CP's has "gone off sentry" and will return to base unless I put it back on sentry.

Attachments
25UnusedCPsCheck.jpg
25UnusedCPsCheck.jpg (450.11 KiB) Viewed 61 times
Ronnie
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

To verify this change, or any change to CPs staying at sea, I find that I need to make the change (e.g., put the convoy unit back on sentry), close the production form, re-open it and go through the steps I described in the last post.

Attachments
25UnusedCPsVerify.jpg
25UnusedCPsVerify.jpg (453.48 KiB) Viewed 60 times
Ronnie
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

What I use is the global map; pick your side's ships to be displayed, and your convoy routes will be displayed, and MWiF will tell you how many convoys are staying at sea in each area. If you see a "5" in the North Atlantic, you know something has gone wrong.
I thought I knew how to play this game....

Return to “The War Room”