1.4.4.0 is now available for testing!

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Gerry Edwards

1.4.4.0 is now available for testing!

Post by Gerry Edwards »

Hello Everyone!

The next public beta for World in Flames (v1.4.4.0) is now available in the Members Club!

NetPlay
Added code for NetPlay which removes repaired factories & oil resources and offensive chits from the Production Pool on both computers, once those units arrive.

Added a line of code for NetPlay to advance the sequence of play after Defensive AA fire.

Land Operations
Fixed a problem with an invading unit having to be destroyed when one or more defending units were shattered.

Added code to prevent Axis units from retreating into Vichy France unless they satisfy the various conditions for doing that.

Enabled the USSR units which cause the claim of Eastern Poland or Baltic States to continue moving (provided they have movement points remaining) after German units have had to relocate due to the change in control of the hexes in Eastern Poland/Baltic States.

Added a warning message when a land move will cause ownership of a factory to change. The player now has the option of cancelling the move since a move that captures a factory cannot be Undone, nor can any moves prior to the capture of the factory.

Naval Operations
Fixed a problem with a naval group stopping in a sea area in response to a successful naval interception during the Naval Movement phase sometimes leaving the End-of-Phase button disabled.

Fixed a problem with naval moving stacks during the naval movement phase which started at sea and passed through a sea area where enemy units declined to intercept them. Before this correction, the moving naval units were able to stop at sea, even though they had started at sea.

Supply
Fixed a problem with supply being recalculated for units being placed in the Moving Stack. This problem occurred when multiple units were selected to move together. Previously, supply was recalculated for units as each unit was placed in the Moving Stack. Now supply is recalculated only after the last unit has been added to the Moving Stack. The major effect of this change is during the Land Movement phase when an HQ moves in combination with other units. For example, this could happen when an armor HQ is participating in an overrun. Previously some or all of the moving units would have their supply status set to Out-of-Supply while in the process of being placed in the Moving Stack and then be set to Disorganized when placed back on the map.

Added some code to avoid a fatal error in calculating overseas supply paths when control of the best port for doing so has recently changed.

Oil
Fixed the problems with reorganizing oil dependent units in isolated pockets. When there is more than one group of separated/isolated units that can draw upon oil to be reorganized, the program now enables each pocket of units to reorganize using the oil that is available within the pocket. Note that if one pocket has 0.65 oil left and another has 0.85 left, the player will have to ‘Expend’ one of those oil points in order to meet the game requirements for using any 0.50 or less remaining. Individually, those oil points satisfy this requirement and could remain on the map as full points. However, in combination they have 1.50 points remaining, so one of them has to be ‘Expended’. If they both had 0.85 remaining, then they would have 1.70 remaining in aggregate and neither would need to be Expended.

Production Planning
Added code to prevent Vichy France from sharing convoys with other Axis major powers for transporting resources when Vichy France is declared. Additionally, added code which repairs older/restored saved games to fix this problem.

Enabled changing the overseas route used to send a build point to a trade partner.

Added a line of code to prevent resources from being sent via rail through hexes containing enemy partisan units.

Peace
Fixed a problem with liberating a minor country which contains a partisan unit (e.g., Finland).

Fixed a problem with the conquest of Italy where Italy was considered the conqueror instead of an Allied major power.

Added code for Conquest of a country, so if air units belonging to a major power at war with the conquering major power are alone in a hex in an incompletely conquered country, then control of the hex occupied by the unit(s) remains under control by the conquered country side. For example, if a German air unit is in an Italian controlled hex in Italy when Italy is incompletely conquered by the Commonwealth, then the hex remains Italian and the German air unit stays in the hex.

Added new code for Conquest to check hexes without land or air units, for adjacent hexes containing land units whose ZOC would determine which country controls the hex. If only one major power exerts a ZOC into such a hex, then that major power controls the hex. Otherwise, the conquering major power controls the hex.

Player Interface
Disabled using the Naval Review Details to place ‘cargo’ on disorganized naval transports (of all types).

Removed the X in the upper right corner of the Weather form so the form can now only be closed using the OK button.
Those who came before pave the path of tomorrow.
rkr1958

RE: 1.4.4.0 is now available for testing!

Post by rkr1958 »

Not meaning to toot my on horn (maybe a bit though), I submitted bug reports that I believe led to the discovery and eventual fixing of the following 5 items. This makes me feel good. I feel I made a positive contribution to MWiF. Either that, or I added to Steve's heartburn and BP level. [:)]

Seriously though, great job guys! I really do appreciate all your hard work and continued development on MWiF. It's a fantastic game and I can't get enough of it. [8D]

P.S. "... great job guys!" includes the developers, testers and anyone else who supports the continued development of MWiF.

Land Operations

(1) Fixed a problem with an invading unit having to be destroyed when one or more defending units were shattered.

Naval Operations

(2) Fixed a problem with naval moving stacks during the naval movement phase which started at sea and passed through a sea area where enemy units declined to intercept them. Before this correction, the moving naval units were able to stop at sea, even though they had started at sea.

Production Planning

(3) Enabled changing the overseas route used to send a build point to a trade partner.

(4) Fixed a problem with the conquest of Italy where Italy was considered the conqueror instead of an Allied major power.

Player Interface
(5) Disabled using the Naval Review Details to place ‘cargo’ on disorganized naval transports (of all types).
Ronnie
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: rkr1958

Not meaning to toot my on horn (maybe a bit though), I submitted bug reports that I believe led to the discovery and eventual fixing of the following 5 items. This makes me feel good. I feel I made a positive contribution to MWiF. Either that, or I added to Steve's heartburn and BP level. [:)]

Seriously though, great job guys! I really do appreciate all your hard work and continued development on MWiF. It's a fantastic game and I can't get enough of it. [8D]

P.S. "... great job guys!" includes the developers, testers and anyone else who supports the continued development of MWiF.

Land Operations

(1) Fixed a problem with an invading unit having to be destroyed when one or more defending units were shattered.

Naval Operations

(2) Fixed a problem with naval moving stacks during the naval movement phase which started at sea and passed through a sea area where enemy units declined to intercept them. Before this correction, the moving naval units were able to stop at sea, even though they had started at sea.

Production Planning

(3) Enabled changing the overseas route used to send a build point to a trade partner.

(4) Fixed a problem with the conquest of Italy where Italy was considered the conqueror instead of an Allied major power.

Player Interface
(5) Disabled using the Naval Review Details to place ‘cargo’ on disorganized naval transports (of all types).

Nice post and good testing Ronnie [;)] deeply appreciated even though I had nothing to do with the fixing [:(]

Bo
joshuamnave

Post by joshuamnave »

Added a warning message when a land move will cause ownership of a factory to change. The player now has the option of cancelling the move since a move that captures a factory cannot be Undone, nor can any moves prior to the capture of the factory.

Attachments
oops.jpg
oops.jpg (282.3 KiB) Viewed 130 times
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky

Return to “World in Flames”