Garrison at Colonies

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Tyranicus

Garrison at Colonies

Post by Tyranicus »

Why do my colonies insist on garrisoning my troops when the policy for garrisoning is set to none?
DeadlyShoe

RE: Garrison at Colonies

Post by DeadlyShoe »

The ways of the troop AI are mystical and capricious.
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

which means the programming done on the policies is mystical and capricious.. ha..
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Tyranicus

Why do my colonies insist on garrisoning my troops when the policy for garrisoning is set to none?
A few updates back, Elliot put in a hard-coded amount for troops at each colony (four I believe) to
be garrisoned. This was meant to quell the dissent mentioned back then by players that the AI colonies
were not defending themselves well enough against pirate raids. Just FYI.
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Tyranicus

Post by Tyranicus »

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

ORIGINAL: Tyranicus

A few updates back, Elliot put in a hard-coded amount for troops at each colony (four I believe) to
be garrisoned. This was meant to quell the dissent mentioned back then by players that the AI colonies

Its most definitely more than 4 troops garrisoning up. I set my build to troop number to 25 and it garrisons them all
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

I don't have the game available, but are you sure you are not using a setting which indicates something like "keep 25 troops at this colony"? In which case garrisoning them to avoid them being picked up makes total sense.

For all practical purposes, a troop that is not garrisoned won't be there when needed.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”