Time to STAND UP Gaming World: CSA, what next?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

VegasOZ

Time to STAND UP Gaming World: CSA, what next?

Post by VegasOZ »

If they can ban any games that have the CSA Flag, what is next? German Army references? SS references? Games with Italian Flags?

What about when they come for the games with GUNS?? Shooters?? What's to prevent them doing that if they get away with this BS??

It is time for GAMING to stand up to the bullies and fight back.

BOYCOTT all products made by Apple, distributed by Apple or sold by any Apple outlet. Do it now.

danlongman

RE: Time to STAND UP Gaming World: CSA, what next?

Post by danlongman »

Lots of European and other products don't reproduce Nazi flags and symbols.
We all remember what they were but accept an alternate German flag without complaining.
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
VegasOZ

Post by VegasOZ »

Well this ain't Europe and we do not roll over for Censorship quite that easily. I own several wargames that have Swastikas in them and on the units. The American Civil War has been over some 150 plus years and to ban the Confederate Flag now is beyond stupid, beyond ignorance and beyond the point that we should put up with it.

terje439

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: VegasOZ

1. Well this ain't Europe and we do not roll over for Censorship quite that easily.
2. I own several wargames that have Swastikas in them and on the units.
3. The American Civil War has been over some 150 plus years and to ban the Confederate Flag now is beyond stupid, beyond ignorance and beyond the point that we should put up with it.

1. Hmmm...Tbh, uncalled for. It is not about "rolling over", it is about taking a stand imo. "This is something we want/need to put behind us". Insinuating that all of Europe are being pushed around was an unneccessary response, but ok.
2. I own alot of stuff with the swastika on it, do not have any issues with it. For some strange reason it has not made me a neo nazi either [X(].
3. In games, literature etc, I totally agree. Do the former confederate states need to fly the flag today, not so sure.

I do however completely agree with your initial statement, that this form of censorship is bad. Not because it would be the end of the world if another flag would be shown, to me the thought behind my decision is as follows;

If we remove "stuff"(be it a flag, a song or whatnot) because some nutcase uses it/is seen posing with "stuff", do we not empower said nutcase by banning "stuff"? I think we do.

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
Pvt_Grunt

Post by Pvt_Grunt »

Panzer Corps has SE units as elite units, SS was not allowed to be used in Germany.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

never bought from apple and never will either, have no product so bit of a mute point for me tbh
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

If they can ban any games that have the CSA Flag, what is next? German Army references? SS references? Games with Italian Flags?

What about when they come for the games with GUNS?? Shooters?? What's to prevent them doing that if they get away with this BS??

BOYCOTT all products made by Apple, distributed by Apple or sold by any Apple outlet. Do it now.

No.

Nor am I going to boycott Walmart or Amazon. Unless you're willing to pay for what I want.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Chris Hampton

Post by Chris Hampton »

Funny, isn't it that Amazon/Ebay still have a lot of merchandise featuring emblems of racist groups like Black Panthers and LaRaza. And interestingly enough Nazi emblems and insignia are still available (You know, the people who actually committed genocide) This yet another example of the government and businesses rolling over in appeasement of a vocal minority. How long till it's the US flag that somebody finds "offensive". Sooner than you think if the cancer of liberalism isn't cut out of this country. I am joining and urge others who want to save what's left of the 1st amendment in this country to join the boycott of Amazon, Ebay Walmart and Apple.
People who turn their swords into plowshares generally end up plowing for the people who kept their swords...
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

What would Microsoft do if they were told they can't distribute Halo games anymore...
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: Kriegspieler16

Funny, isn't it that Amazon/Ebay still have a lot of merchandise featuring emblems of racist groups like Black Panthers and LaRaza. And interestingly enough Nazi emblems and insignia are still available (You know, the people who actually committed genocide) This yet another example of the government and businesses rolling over in appeasement of a vocal minority. How long till it's the US flag that somebody finds "offensive". Sooner than you think if the cancer of liberalism isn't cut out of this country. I am joining and urge others who want to save what's left of the 1st amendment in this country to join the boycott of Amazon, Ebay Walmart and Apple.

That suggest the success of certain groups who have painted La Raza, Black panthers (as fighting for justice) when they are racist, Communist Russia, Communist China, Venezuela, Cuba, North Korea, as not so bad.

It is interesting that the outcry only goes to certain groups. Too many, career college students with all the time to make noise.Lol Where are the masses calling for the banning of those flags or groups!!!!!
Alchenar

Post by Alchenar »

Nobody cares you grumpy old men.

Free speech and the free market are blades that cut in all directions. You can sell what you like and buy from who you like.
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

Well this ain't Europe and we do not roll over for Censorship quite that easily.

I must say I found this comment rather insulting.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
milkweg

Post by milkweg »

Don't let it bother you, the USA is no where near as free as they would like you to think.
Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: Alchenar

Nobody cares you grumpy old men.

Free speech and the free market are blades that cut in all directions. You can sell what you like and buy from who you like.

Obviously, not. Can't sell confederate flags now in all available MARKETS.
operating

Post by operating »

Gee! Where can I buy an ISIS flag? Will that offend anybody? After-all they show it 24/7 on CNN.... Maybe Apple will ban CNN from all their products!!! or maybe Apple supports ISIL, don't hear them say otherwise.... Oh Yeah! Those ISIL guys use Apple products to show the world their latest atrocities, so what else does Apple have to be proud of? Picking on a confederate flag that cannot fight back: Don't say much for Apple, except they show the world what bootlickers they truly are.... or is Apple flag Nazi's? The worst kind of Nazi..... Corporate Nazi....
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

Hyperbole much?
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Well this ain't Europe and we do not roll over for Censorship quite that easily.

KISSMEUFOOL!

Post by KISSMEUFOOL! »

[&o]
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

It has been tried several times in the past. Some guy from Mexico (mayor or the like) complained about one game of the Call of Duty series so loudly it was heard all the way in Finland.

There was this one american lawyer, who made several charges against Rock Star Games about its Grand Theft Auto series. Eventually judges told him to shut the frak up.

In 1980's in Finland parliament was discussed about game review on local computer magazine. Game in question was Raid Over Moscow.

Video games have got frak for nearly as long as those have existed. Has it made significant changes to the big picture? Other than some games should not be sold to minors?

ORIGINAL: Pvt_Grunt

Panzer Corps has SE units as elite units, SS was not allowed to be used in Germany.
But SS is allowed in Unity of Command

ORIGINAL: Kriegspieler16

How long till it's the US flag that somebody finds "offensive". Sooner than you think if the cancer of liberalism isn't cut out of this country.
Like that hasn't happened already. I expect whole lot of people around the world have found USA flag offensive (most recently in Afghanistan and Iraq), and I expect USA troops there have answered protests with "Shut the frak up!"
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
KISSMEUFOOL!

Post by KISSMEUFOOL! »

Lots of European and other products don't reproduce Nazi flags and symbols.
We all remember what they were but accept an alternate German flag without complaining.
Most of us dont accept censorship so we're complaining anyway.

Return to “General Discussion”