"out of pilot slots", what does the number mean?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

el lobo

"out of pilot slots", what does the number mean?

Post by el lobo »

The number in parenthesis.

The middle photo is the Reserve Pool at the time of the attempted replacement. The lower photo is the Reserve Pool after the Request Veteran has been selected. It released all four to the 64th but they have not shown-up yet.

Thanks

edit: The pick was for “Get 7 Pilots”. If you pick the “Get New Pilot” you get “out of pilot slots (1)”.

Attachments
65thandr..1142.jpg
65thandr..1142.jpg (341.15 KiB) Viewed 69 times
El Lobo (J) vs Rio Bravo (A)
Rio Bravo's AAR - "The War College"
tm.asp?m=3851786

Gamey is not a game style. It is someone's definition.
rustysi

RE: "out of pilot slots", what does the number mean?

Post by rustysi »

OK, think I got it. First attempt you wanted seven pilots from a pool that only had four available by the parameters you set, e.g. pilots over 75 experience. Hence the three unavailable. Next iteration you wanted to get those three but only had two pilots available with those skill levels.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
el lobo

Post by el lobo »

ORIGINAL: rustysi

OK, think I got it. First attempt you wanted seven pilots from a pool that only had four available by the parameters you set, e.g. pilots over 75 experience. Hence the three unavailable. Next iteration you wanted to get those three but only had two pilots available with those skill levels.

Thanks rustysi,

I think you are right about the (3). What it is saying is, “you ask for 7 but we only have 4, you need (3) more so we are not giving you any.”

But why then when I ask for one, it is saying, “you ask for one but you really need 7 because we peaked over to the 'get 7' button and since you tried to be sneaky about it we are still not giving you any and we are going to put a (1) after telling you that you are 'out of pilot slots' to confuse you.”

And it worked. That is I'm confused.

FYI, the Reserve (75) experience is the average experience of that pool, not a parameter we can set. If you pick Replacements you usually see (40) for Army, (50) for Navy, the average graduating experiences.
tm.asp?m=3851786

Rio Bravo

Post by Rio Bravo »

El Lobo-

Allied spies hacked your pilot replacement pool so get use to it!

*laughing*

Best Regards,

-Rio Bravo
"No one throws me my own guns and tells me to run. No one."

-Bret (James Coburn); The Magnificent Seven
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

No, that isn't the answer.

1.  It isn't mentioned but presumably you attempted this transaction on 42/01.

2.  As at 42/01 you only have 4 IJA pilots in General Reserve.  Pilots Shimizu and Nakimura are not scheduled to arrive at General Reserve before 42/02 and 42/04 respectively.

3.  When you pressed the "Get 7 Pilots" button, you asked the code to fetch you immediately and in one lump sum, 7 pilots from the already designated General Reserve Pool.  The code went to the designated source and found only 4 pilots are available for immediate and in one lump sum delivery now.  Hence why it returned the message of being "out of pilot slots (3)".

4.  When you pressed the "Get New Pilot" button, you asked the code to look in the designated source (which is the General Reserve Pool) and fetch a single pilot.  The code does not know how many times you will press the "Get New Pilot" button now.  It therefore is limited to looking at the designated source where it sees a theoretical total of 4 present plus 2 scheduled to arrive pilots.  This is compared with the theoretical maximum number of times (which is 7) you may press the "Get New Pilot" button and hence why it returns the message "out of pilot slots (1)".

Alfred 
el lobo

Post by el lobo »

Yes, 1 Jan 42

Thank you for the detailed answer to a nitpick question.

As a follow-up, here is the PILOTS selection on 2 Jan 42.

Attachments
65thPILO..P1242.jpg
65thPILO..P1242.jpg (254.44 KiB) Viewed 68 times
tm.asp?m=3851786

Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Sorry el lobo but is post #6 meant to contain a follow question because if it does, it has escaped my comprehension.[:)]

Alfred
el lobo

Post by el lobo »

No, no more questions. Sorry for the confusion Alfred. You explanation was, as usual, quite clear and thorough.

I just thought I would show the follow-up of what happens when you release the pilots from Request Veteran, for anyone interested.
tm.asp?m=3851786

Return to “The War Room”