Bradley faster than the M1?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

Jagger2002

Bradley faster than the M1?

Post by Jagger2002 »

I was plotting some units for the EET scenario and just noticed in game that the Bradley moves much quicker than the M1-both cross country and on roads. I checked the database and did a quick google for speed of Bradleys and M1s. Both state the M1 is faster than the Bradley. So is this a bug or am I missing something?
CapnDarwin

RE: Bradley faster than the M1?

Post by CapnDarwin »

Speed for both vehicles depending on versions is in the 55-65 kph. Looking at the data the M2s look like they got set too high at 66 instead of 56. I just fixed that. In game, most vehicle never use these "top" speeds when in most situations. Most combat movement is in the 10-20 kph range.

There are a handful of minor data edits in the works for the next update and I'll have the M2s fixed.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
ivanov

Post by ivanov »

The thing is that Jagger2002 was comparing the speed of Abrams with the recon Bradley M3A1. I've run some test myself and M1 and M2A1 have always the same speed, regardless the order type. The recon Bradley M3A1 moves equally to Abrams when given hasty movement order and faster with deliberate movement and assault orders. Actually the M3A1 moves fastest with the assault order ( faster than with hasty movement ). Is that intentional? I had an impression that assault should be always slower that hasy movement.
Lest we forget.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

M3 versus M1 is close. Most sources show the M3 to be faster than the M2, lighter overall load perhaps. As for the Assault move issue let me look into it with Rob. Can you post your test scenario for us to use?

Thanks.

ivanov

Post by ivanov »

I've been testing "Test of Wills" scenario because it has the three types of vehicles in question there. I stacked M1, M2 and M3 on the same hex and was issuing them the same order. I did the same in Eyes, Ears and teeth and M3 was also fastest with assault order.
Lest we forget.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Thanks for the info. I'll check those scenario out.

IronMikeGolf

Post by IronMikeGolf »

IIRC, the M3's are 3 to 3.5 tons lighter (with combat load) than the same variant M2. I think that translates more to acceleration than top road speed. Cross country speed should be the same, as the limiting factor is beating people up in the back and in the turret. Got my nose whacked on the ISU eyepiece a time or two.

And, I can't speak to whether Rob has modeled the fact that it's 19Ds driving the M3s...
Jeff
Sua Sponte

Return to “Tech Support”