A new type of tank?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

Jagdtiger14

A new type of tank?

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Not sure if this is a bug...but...I'm playing Central powers, Entente is on "privileged AI". I must say that the AI seems to be much better playing the Entente rather than the Central powers. In my game I am crushing Russia. The desperate but privileged AI seems to have brought in an armored train into the Crimea where there are no tracks.
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
operating

RE: A new type of tank?

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

Not sure if this is a bug...but...I'm playing Central powers, Entente is on "privileged AI". I must say that the AI seems to be much better playing the Entente rather than the Central powers. In my game I am crushing Russia. The desperate but privileged AI seems to have brought in an armored train into the Crimea where there are no tracks.

Yes, Armored trains can be deployed just about anywhere where there is a Russian city, if that city your talking about happens to be Sevastopol (which has a port), once that Class II (good defense) train has done it's job blocking you, it can then embark to another port or a Black Sea hex that contains RR tracks: such as Rostov, Odessa, Varna, 3 hexes at Constantinople, Batumi or perhaps Samsun, might sound far fetched but possible. Mind you the train can only be deployed outside a city hex if there RR tracks in that hex. Otherwise, if it is in Kerch that Crimean train is now a city trolley.
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

It seems to violate those rules. There are three hexes between Sev and Kerch. The "train" is in the middle of those three (I wish there were hex identifiers in this game). It is not in a port, city, or any hex adjacent to either, and not in a Black Sea hex with RR tracks.
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: Jagdtiger14

It seems to violate those rules. There are three hexes between Sev and Kerch. The "train" is in the middle of those three (I wish there were hex identifiers in this game). It is not in a port, city, or any hex adjacent to either, and not in a Black Sea hex with RR tracks.

Hey! Maybe I am wrong, perhaps armored trains can be disembarked on any land hex abutting a sea hex. My common sense thinking indicates that it would be a fatal move for that unit (and had to be planned, a minimum of 3 turns to complete), but on the other hand I do see merit to the move, as a blocking unit (it should not be able to attack (high defense), it can only attack in the direction of rails). However that armored train costs 25 PP and 3 turns to deploy and there is no way in Hell that-that armored train can deploy from the production queue to the map location you describe, it can only amphib there. I believe the hex you talking about is marked in the below SS:

Attachments
ctgw_1435177545.jpg
ctgw_1435177545.jpg (305.04 KiB) Viewed 512 times
operating

Post by operating »

Hmmm! Maybe there is an "Underground railroad" in Crimea. [:D]
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

That is exactly the hex it is in. I saw a transport appear off the coast of Batumi, and then the next turn, turn around and disappear into the Black Sea...into the direction of Crimea. Maybe the AI changed its mind and sent it there. Your theory is very plausible.

Return to “Tech Support”