Map orientation ?

Forum dedicated to the Scourge of War Game set during the Napoleonic Wars. Scourge of War: Waterloo follows in the footsteps of its American Civil War predecessors and takes the action to one of the most famous battles in history. It is by far the most detailed game about the final battle of the War of the Seventh Coalition.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

ETF

Map orientation ?

Post by ETF »

Is there a mod or future patch that shows the actual players units? Maybe MP forces in unique colors or something. Our 6 player group had great difficulty trying to figure out who was who on the same team. Orientation of the map with your tactical view was difficult to discern also.
Great time though! MP games vs. the AI were fun!
My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
ulsterandy

RE: Map orientation ?

Post by ulsterandy »

Also on this theme can we have our units marked on the map and where they are? Very annoying as to not knowing where they are even Wellington had an idea where his units were.
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

Each mp commander's sprite is also identified by their multiplayer name, I use the left/right arrow keys to cycle through commanders to see who is commanding what

cheers
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
con20or

Post by con20or »

ORIGINAL: ETF

Is there a mod or future patch that shows the actual players units? Maybe MP forces in unique colors or something. Our 6 player group had great difficulty trying to figure out who was who on the same team. Orientation of the map with your tactical view was difficult to discern also.

When you select a general the troops thery control are highlighted on the map with a bright yellow border. The top of the map is north - most maps are printed this way. The 'eye' on the map shows you where the camera currently is and the location of your general sprite is usually marked on the map too.
ORIGINAL: ulsterandy

Also on this theme can we have our units marked on the map and where they are? Very annoying as to not knowing where they are even Wellington had an idea where his units were.

It sounds like the MP host had the map icons turned off or set to one of the lowest settings - you can reveal all units in the option settings just like in a singleplayer game.
ulsterandy

Post by ulsterandy »

ORIGINAL: con20or

When you select a general the troops thery control are highlighted on the map with a bright yellow border. The top of the map is north - most maps are printed this way. The 'eye' on the map shows you where the camera currently is and the location of your general sprite is usually marked on the map too.
ORIGINAL: ulsterandy

It sounds like the MP host had the map icons turned off or set to one of the lowest settings - you can reveal all units in the option settings just like in a singleplayer game.
Nope I played in single Historical mode all that was on the map was the eye showing where I was.
con20or

Post by con20or »

Historical is one of the higher difficulties so the map settings will be reduced. If you have specific gameplay requirements I would recommend the custom setting, you can tweak every realism setting. Set map units to 'all' or 'all insight', but change the courier and enemy unit settings to what you like.
ulsterandy

Post by ulsterandy »

Yes that works tys.
ETF

Post by ETF »

Will check the settings. Still all six of us veteran war-gamers still have a hell of a time relating to our battle map and viewing the immediate area. In MP games could we have units under human control highlighted in a color unique to the player. We can hover over the map and see names of commanders but it is very difficult to find them on the tactical view. I wonder if the color of the player could also be shown on both the battle map and the tactical map. We spend the first 15 minutes of each game trying to discern where everyone is with so many AI units floating around at the same time. We know where OUR units are just not each others....Well not very well.
Certainly adds a frustration. Otherwise the game is AMAZING!!

Ok vent over :)
My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
ETF

Post by ETF »

Historical is one of the higher difficulties so the map settings will be reduced. If you have specific gameplay requirements I would recommend the custom setting, you can tweak every realism setting. Set map units to 'all' or 'all insight', but change the courier and enemy unit settings to what you like.
Can one change the speed at which the "Camera" moves. Can't see to locate which option that is.....

Twitter
ETF

Post by ETF »

Am I missing something....can't get any keys to bind. Do it all the time with other games. Is there something unique to this program?

Twitter
ezjax

Post by ezjax »

Can one change the speed at which the "Camera" moves. Can't see to locate which option that is.....

Hello

You can change camera speed from options screen. From main screen click options then click on options page 3. You then see the camera settings, move the bar to the right for faster speeds.

From within the game click menu, options, and you will see camera speeds.

ez

AP514

Post by AP514 »

Am I missing something....can't get any keys to bind. Do it all the time with other games. Is there something unique to this program?
Try page 80..about binding leaders...its in that area if I remember correctly
ETF

Post by ETF »

You are correct pg 80.....must be something with my new keyboard I guess.

Twitter
ETF

Post by ETF »

ORIGINAL: ezjax

Hello

You can change camera speed from options screen. From main screen click options then click on options page 3. You then see the camera settings, move the bar to the right for faster speeds.

From within the game click menu, options, and you will see camera speeds.

ez

OK will re-check the settings! Thanks

Twitter
gunship24

Post by gunship24 »

Yep, you can change the movement camera speed in the options.
Scourge of War: Waterloo QA Dev Team
saber255

Post by saber255 »

I would like to see when you click on the map if you can inlarge it
with your mouse wheel because most of the time everything looks to crowded to see whats what
ETF

Post by ETF »

ORIGINAL: AP514

Try page 80..about binding leaders...its in that area if I remember correctly
Thanks!

Twitter

Return to “Scourge of War: Waterloo”