Trade Tedium

Sovereignty: Crown of Kings is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It offers a intuitive yet deep province system, allowing you to raise armies, conduct diplomacy, scout enemy battle lines, rally heroes to your banner, send them on quests, cast spells and go to war. In Sovereignty, the player chooses one of 35 Realms in a bid for dominance of the map. Play is conducted in a series of turns as a single player game. Each Realm has a unique culture and history, which translates directly into different play-styles. Each realm has its own mix of unit types and spell trees. Their diplomatic relations, economies and histories vary. A player may choose a new realm and experience the game in a very different way. Fantasy heroes, troops, races and spells complement the rise to power.
solops

Trade Tedium

Post by solops »

The trade system has some irritating characteristics that should, if possible, be addressed. First, when playing a nation with several diplomats and a lot of resource shortages, renegotiating trades every turn gets tedious. Multi-turn trades would be a godsend, if you can teach the AI to do them well. Second, I never know what resources I am going to need until I run out. We need an inventory screen. At the very least, list the on-hand resources on the side of the trade screen.

So far, this game has been very addictive. It is definitely a wargame, with a light dusting of magical buffing added almost as an afterthought.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

Return to “Sovereignty: Crown of Kings”