Great Game!

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

vebyw

Great Game!

Post by vebyw »

Just bought Civil War 2 and its DLC a week ago. I am finding it hard going to figure out everything but it is utterly mesmerising! Great Game! Quick question: Does anyone know if Ageod forum has stopped registering forum members for this game? I can't get a verification email to complete my registration. Thanks
Rainsong94

RE: Great Game!

Post by Rainsong94 »

Indeed, CW2 is a great game. When it first came out I had some serious crashing issues and had to shelf it for many months. But with all the patches the game has received, it has turned out to be one of my favorite strategy game.

As for their forums, I registered about two weeks ago and the confirmation email they sent was instant. Have you checked your junkmail box?
vebyw

Post by vebyw »

Thanks. I did. I will try to register again.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

CWII, and the DLC BRS, is my favorite operational ACW game. I've been playing it since its release and it keeps getting better with each patch. I'm preparing to start another GC soon in honor of the upcoming 4th of July holiday and anniversary of the battle of Gettysburg.

I have nearly all of the AGEOD games, so it waasn't difficult for me to jump into it. I can understand if someone is trying it for the first time might find the learning curve difficult. It actually took me about three GC to figure out what to do in the far west - once I did, that really notched the game up a peg as it becomes two games in one.

I only lurk on the AGEOD forums as I don't have time to actually contribute, though I have been tempted to just to join in some of the discussions.
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5
vebyw

Post by vebyw »

I've tried to register using Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Apple mail, and even my work email. All of them mentioned I would be getting a verification email, which I have never received. For the first two attempts, I also provided feedback to the Ageod forum that I was having problems registering, without any response. I actually just bought Alea Jacta Est plus all the DLC during the Steam sales, but I will now be returning that for a refund. The registration doesn't work and I refuse to pay when it would not be possible to look for a PBEM game without getting onto the forum. I wish I could return CW2 also.

These may be great games and I know Ageod is a small outfit, but in this day and age, I refuse to accept such poor support. I also suspect the difficulty in registering could be deliberate, although I don't know why. I definitely recall a reviewer (on Steam?) giving a negative score also because of problems in registration.

So long Ageod. Such aged and archaic support has no place in the 21st century.
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

Hi vebyw

I am sorry to hear you are having problems registering in Ageod forum. I do not know the reason but I assure you it is not deliberate !

Ageod forum is a friendly place, without any animosity to anybody.

I would recomend you send an e-mail directly to Philippe Thibaut (Ageod co-owner and game designer) via this adress:
(pthibaut at ageod dot net)

I am sure he will help you.

Regards
Former AJE team member
Rainsong94

Post by Rainsong94 »

I'm sure it's just some glitch on their side. The people who run the forums are really helpful and it's a great place to discuss their games.It is definitely not deliberate. If I recall, they recently did some forum maintenance last week. Perhaps this has something to do with it. http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.p ... 11-evening

I would also get in touch with Pocus... I believe his email is, (pocus at ageod dot net)

In any case, I just sent Pocus a PM to check out this thread. Hope you get it sorted out.
vebyw

Post by vebyw »

(in reply to Franciscus and FightinJoe94)

Thanks for your helpful messages. I have gotten in touch with Pocus and hope to get this sorted out shortly.

(My email was too melodramatic also. I am a bit of a history buff and still think Ageod's games are great for their in-depth research and attempts (subject to having to make the games playable) at historical accuracy. No other developer does that really.)
vebyw

Post by vebyw »

Hi all, I got a prompt email from Pocus who helped me to quickly get registered.
Thanks to all for helpful comments!

VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Pocus just told me, that there's a login issue with the AGEOD forum and that's the reason why vebyw was experiencing difficulties when registering his account.
Our web admins are already fixing the issue.
We apologize for all the inconvenience.
vebyw

Post by vebyw »

No worries. All forgiven! [:)]
saintsup

Post by saintsup »

A pop-up on this thread because of all the lastly vastly overexagerated and inconstructive comments on the game in this forum.

I was a big fan of ACW1, played it a lot including PBEM. I bought the new one a few monthes ago but never played it. I'm on it now against the AI for a few weeks and I'm enjoying it immensely. The game is working very well both technically and gameplay wise.

I'm now waiting impatiently the new Napoleons's game from AGEOD !!
Max 86

Post by Max 86 »

ORIGINAL: saintsup
I'm now waiting impatiently the new Napoleons's game from AGEOD !!

Me too! A ten year Nappy campaign is too good to pass up.

I have already warned the wife!
No problem Chief!

Return to “Civil War II”