Which iPad game?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Fallschirmjager

Which iPad game?

Post by Fallschirmjager »

What a tough choice. I want a good iPad wargame. And I got a $30 iTunes gift card from work. I was going to get Pike and Shot and the expansion but...I just saw that Warhammer 40K and the expansions were released today also for $30

Damn you Matrix/Slitherine

Does anyone have any suggestions to make my choice easier? Is there any hope that the iPad games will ever undergo a summer sale?

Would flipping a coin just be easier?
aaatoysandmore

RE: Which iPad game?

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Pike n Shot has the better ai if that helps.
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

I am sure your question really is "which should I buy first?" because you know it will eventually happen...[:)] but if you enjoy the setting of Pike and Shot with the Battle Academy Engine over the Warhammer Universe, using the Panzer Corp engine, then opt for that as your first purchase...
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

I went with Warhammer and I really am really into it. It may not have the adrenaline inducing and sweat soaked carnage of Dawn of War when I first played it.
But the breadth of scope is impressive and it has plenty of units. This is the closest version to the tabletop game that I have yet to play on an electronic device. And I spent many year and plenty of money in my younger days playing the tabletop game.

I read that Slitherine and Games Workshop signed a three year agreement. I am excited to see what is next.
I would love to see a campaign playing as the Tau vs the Necrons
Or even an unsteady alliance of the Imperium of Man and Orks vs the Tyraninds.

But all in all I am really enjoying it. It is very 'Warhammer' and a great wargame. They nailed it on their first attempt. I hope this becomes a real series.

I would also love to see a Battlefleet Gothic game. But that was discontinued so I doubt it would happen. But it would be great to have the two game connected where the space portion affects the ground portion.
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

I also bought this game, I enjoy it, so many great games on my iPad now by this company. Thank you!
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

I'm waiting for CA's version of the fantasy side of Warhammer myself. Never could get into 40k but played a lot of the fantasy Horned Rat and Dark Omen.

Return to “General Discussion”