Which countries have 'Marine' or 'Naval Infantry' organizations ?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

oaltinyay

Which countries have 'Marine' or 'Naval Infantry' organizations ?

Post by oaltinyay »

I believe Greeks , Italians, Thai and Iranians and Spanish have a marine brigade, and they're connected to Navy.
Russians had marine brigades IIRC.
Turks have one Naval Infantry regiment, and connected to Navy...
KenchiSulla

RE: Which countries have 'Marine' or 'Naval Infantry' organizations ?

Post by KenchiSulla »

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
robinsa

Post by robinsa »

As far as I know most countries have some sort of specialized marine unit. They might not always be as independent as the US marine cops and belong often to the army or navy. That being said, I think it will be easier to list the countries that don't have them. I'm thinking Afghanistan and other land locked countries would be a good guess.
oaltinyay

Post by oaltinyay »

heard mongolia had a navy ...
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

Landlocked countries of the world with navies:

http://www.neatorama.com/2010/07/05/landlocked-navies-of-the-world/

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: robinsa

As far as I know most countries have some sort of specialized marine unit. They might not always be as independent as the US marine cops and belong often to the army or navy. That being said, I think it will be easier to list the countries that don't have them. I'm thinking Afghanistan and other land locked countries would be a good guess.

The US Marine Corps is only semi-separate. They fall under the Department of the Navy and have frequently had equipment problems because they are often a lower priority than the Navy's needs. Though the top general of the Marine Corps is a member of the Joint Chiefs.

I think in most countries their Marines are attached to their navy in some way. The two forces are intended to operate together.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

A few years ago I saw a news item that the USN was starting up naval infantry. Not to compete with USMC. So unless that was reversed, the US has both!

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”